Product Specialist – Drills at Sandvik
- Company: Sandvik
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Product Specialist – Drills
Will be providing coaching to the customers operators on the correct operation of the drills, both top hammer and down the hole units.
Ensure all activities are being carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching to operators on the correct drilling techniques including:
- Pre-start Checklist followed
- End-of-shift Checklist followed
- Drill points and ground conditions assessed and reported
- Drill operated to OEM specifications
- Correct utilisation of drilling consumables
- Report on damage caused to the equipment at the end of each shift
- Provide recommendations on operators requiring additional coaching
- Work as part of an integrated, broad team.
- Be flexible, self motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Understand the customers business processes.
- Develop organisational skills.
- Demonstrate discipline and timelines when carrying out daily task
Key Accountabilities: Performance Measure:
Drill Rig Utilisation * Drill rig operated to OEM Specs
* % Delays / Disruptions : Drill rig operators
* Drilling consumables used
Customer Satisfaction * Number of complaints received
* Nature & frequency of feedback on operator performance
- You are expected to be a Safety Leader at all times.
- Installation and repairs to fire suppression systems
- Repairs to all components brought to workshop i.e., cylinders etc.
- Daily reports to site supervisors as required
- Evaluation of components for forward planning
- Root Cause & Failure analysis and reports of components
- Recommend and or develop product or process changes to improve equipment performance or to better meet customer’s needs.
- Prioritize and schedule follow up services / maintenance plans
- Helping the Customer in proper Maintenance planning and ensuring that all planned works are executed according to required Standards both Engineering and Safety.
- Ensure all filing(history) is up to date and managed correctly
- Housekeeping in the workshops, and all surrounding work area
- You are expected to offer Practical Hands-on Training for the Sandvik Team as well as the Clients Team, whom you are working with. Records need to be kept in this regard.
- Perform work to a required standard and adhere to all Company policies and procedures including those in relation to Safety, Health, Environment, Quality and Community Relations.
To be successful in this position you must be trade qualified or have similar qualifications disciplined in mechanical, electrical and hydraulics systems.
You will have extensive experience in a similar role in the underground mining industry with a minimum of seven years’ experience maintaining Sandvik underground drill and bolting equipment. Importantly, you will have a strong understanding of underground drilling and machine operating principles and practices combined with deep working knowledge of the Sandvik product range.
In addition to your expert technical knowledge, you will have good communication and customer service skills and the ability to build long term relationships. Training experience or qualifications will be looked upon favorably. Our vision of zero-harm for our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers, is shared by you.
What is in it for you?
- A globally competitive salary with benefits including site and travel allowances.
- All required work permits and visas
- Options for roster including 9:3 or residential
- Versatile and interesting tasks in international business environment, as well as the opportunity to develop your own professional skills and career.
- Be part of a country leader that is shaping the future of the Mining Industry in sustainable ways.
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group with approximately 44,000 employees and sales in about 150 countries. We have a strong focus on enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability through our unique expertise and solutions for the manufacturing, mining, and infrastructure industries. Our offering covers their value chains and is based on extensive investments in research and development, customer insights and a deep knowledge of industrial processes and digital solutions.
We have a long history of ethical and responsible business conduct, which has played a significant role in the global success of our company for 160 years. We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner, are committed to creating safe and healthy workplaces and delivering the industry’s safest products and services.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 26th September, 2023.