Procurement Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC polices, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Assist in the processing of Purchasing Orders upon requested by users
- Follow up with the suppliers and service providers to time delivery and dispatch to users
- Keep track of current procurement and update them bi –weekly procurement tracker and forward the report to line manager by 5th of every month
- Update Agrresso status to reflect accurate procurement status
- Support in the receiving of Bid/Tenders and assist in opening and processing stages.
- Uploading of supporting documents and online filing for Procurement related transactions in agresso and filing tree respectively.
- Support in the preparation RFQs, Tenders and BID analysis for complex purchases for roads constructions and buildings
- Assist in the prequalification of service providers.
- Tag all assets purchased before dispatch to users and advise the responsible person to update in the assets register.
- Receive invoices and prepare payment vouchers and submit to finance.
- Keep track of waivers.
- Assist with the provision of guidance to colleagues on procurement matters.
- Maintain an up-to-date Bid Register.
Position: Procurement Technical Assistant
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
Grade: Grade 4 / Step 1
Duty station: Kibondo, Tanzania
Duration and type of contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
For more information please open this link
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 March 2021
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6th March, 2021.