Procurement & Supply Chain Manager at Tembo Nickel
- Company: Tembo Nickel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
PROCUREMENT& SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER-DAR ES SALAAM
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Procurement & Supply Chain Manager to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role will manage demand planning, procurement, and logistics of various materials required for the Tembo Nickel project. The successful candidate will play a key role in liaising with the Mining Commission and ensure full compliance of local content regulations. The successful candidate must demonstrate a high level of integrity and teamwork.
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager-Finance and Administration.
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam country Office with frequent travel to sites
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and upkeep the centralized official equipment ordering processes used by Tembo Nickel.
- Develop continuous improvement of tools and systems used to estimate demand, load demand, place orders, measure inventory, and get items shipped. Simplify procedures for the teams in the warehouses and on construction sites.
- Provide support for field construction teams related to complex equipment needs and tight schedules.
- Develop methods to view, synthesize, and analyse product cost data, with the goal of a downward trend on costs through innovation.
- Work with cross functional teams internally including legal, finance, purchasing, supply chain, engineering, and business development to ensure alignment on various topics.
- Negotiate supply agreements with vendors annually. Onboard new vendors as needed.
- Consolidate Tembo Nickel procurement demands and load those demands into the equipment supply architecture to ensure sufficient inventory and timely supply of equipment to construction sites.
- Liaise with Mining Commission regularly for approvals in compliance with local content regulations
- Work with Finance, HR, Community relations to develop local content plan and quarterly performance report.
- Be a primary point of contact for suppliers, advising on production forecast, quality issues, and design changes.
- Lead supplier assessments and the development of corrective and preventative actions.
- Monitor supplier technical, quality, delivery, and financial performance.
- Take part in identifying cost saving opportunities and work with suppliers to reduce material costs.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics Management or Business Administration.
- 15 years of work experience in Supply Chain Management in a reputable organization.
- Conversant with procurement systems like SAP, Pronto etc.
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills. Strategic sourcing, opportunity analysis, highly effective negotiation and communication skills are a requirement.
- Membership of PSPTB is mandatory.
- Excellent knowledge of the local content legislation is mandatory.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email [email protected]
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.