Procurement Specialist at Rijk Zwaan
- Company: Rijk Zwaan
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Rijk Zwaan is active worldwide as a vegetable breeding company that focuses on the development of high- quality vegetable varieties for professional growers. Mutual respect, a strong sense of responsibility and a high degree of employee involvement are the important starting points for our company. Rijk Zwaan is active in Tanzania in seed production and breeding support (Rijk Zwaan Q-Sem, in Tengeru Arusha) and in breeding and product development (Rijk Zwaan Afrisem, in USA River, Arusha). Currently we have around 513 employees and as we continue to grow, we have the following vacancy for dedicated diligent Tanzanians:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist (1 Position)
- Reports to: Process Optimization Manager
- Job Summary: The purpose of the post is to assist the Process Optimization Manager in the performance of duties pertaining to procurement procedures.
- Qualification: Bachelor Degree Procurement Certifications from a recognized institution and registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technician Board.
- Experience: At least three (3) years working experience in tertiary education or any other recognized institutions in similar field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Procurement Specialist shall be responsible for the efficient and effective performance of duties and responsibilities pertaining Procurement Management and execution. The Procurement Specialist shall ensure that the procurement activities are made in accordance with the procedures of Rijk Zwaan. Essential duties include:
- Responsible for the complete local procurement process and procurement planning
- Negotiate with current and external vendors to secure terms, price and qualities
- Be efficient and cost effective
- Assist the Process Optimization Manager in procurement and logistics activities
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s manage
- Do market research and analysis
» Be a person of high integrity.
» Should have a confident manner.
» Physical and mental fitness.
» Knowledge of purchasing techniques.
» Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately.
» Strong problem solving skills.
» Meeting tight deadlines.
» Comfortable working with other employees.
» Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, Power point)
» Able to work as part of team by contributing to team effort.
» Good care off, with communication skills.
» Experienced in the English language, verbal and written
» Pro-active in price analysing and cost saving
Salary Scale: Staff salary rank according to Rijk Zwaan Scheme of Services.
Tenure: Local permanent contract
Method of ApplicationPlease send your CV and your motivation to apply for this job to [email protected] with a subject “Application of Procurement Specialist”. Deadline is 27th June 2021.
We will consider your application carefully, which may take some time. Only shortlisted candidates will hear from us as soon as possible.
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 June 2021.