Procurement Specialist at ACDI/VOCA
- Company: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant, competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants.
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Procurement Specialist position. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam and will be responsible for assisting the Grants Manager at Kilimo Tija Activity with Grants Under Contract (GUC) procurement duties. This position will help with procurement for activities related to partnerships. This includes making sure that USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures are followed, monitoring, and implementing GUCs, and making sure that vendors are following their contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with partners, grant teams, and technical staff to create a statement of work or any other technical specifications needed before submitting a procurement requisition.
- Coordinate with partners, technical staff, and the Grants team about the budget and specifications for the items that will be procured.
- Perform market research to find item specifications and appropriate vendors for the proposed procurement.
- Prepare, review, and issue solicitation documents, and oversee the generation of competition documents.
- Conducts best value selection in close collaboration with the procurement requester.
- Coordinate the implementation of contracts and procurement procedures with vendors.
- Conduct due diligence on the awarded procurement.
- Keep an up-to-date list of local vendors and their prices to help you make a budget.
- Facilitate asset handing over procedures and the disposition exercise during partner closeouts.
- Monitor vendor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance with the procurement terms and conditions.
- Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system.
- Maintain and organize both electronic and hardcopies of procurement files.
- When necessary, travel to project sites to check on the delivery of goods to grantees, check the quality of goods bought, and make sure they are all branded correctly.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Grants Manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in Procurement or another related discipline; additional training or certifications in the procurement field; strong preference for training in USAID procurement rules and regulations; and certification as a member of the procurement board will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, including at least five years of demonstrated experience with USAID-funded project procurement.
- Proven knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good record management, documentation, and filing skills.
Method of ApplicationCandidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than April 17, 2023. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE