Procurement Officers x2 at World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Company: World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type:
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
VACANCY: PROCUREMENT OFFICERS
WWF TCO HQ (1) & SOKNOT TRANSBOUNDARY LANDSCAPE (1)
WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Tanzania is seeking for three (2) competent and motivated Procurement Officers for its SOKNOT programmes in Arusha and Dar es salaam.
Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Senior Procurement Officer, the Procurement officer will take responsibility of the procurement functions of SOKNOT Transboundary Landscape / Tanzania Country Office (TCO) and other Programs under TCO. S/He will be responsible for assisting the Senior Procurement officer in execution, implementing and managing the overall procurement and related functions for WWF Tanzania. He/she will also require supporting the SOKNOT/Operations Unit in logistical support for fleet management. Fie /she will also liaise with the Field Office to ensure effective coordination of Procurement standards and Implementation of WWF policies and procedures across all TCO and its programs.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise preparation of procurement plan, budget and control of resources of the procuring unit.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the project for procurement related issues
- In coordination with the Operations Manager, Senior Procurement Officer, Create policies for procurement activities and evaluate all procurement requirements and recommends the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Establishes and communicates purchasing policies and guidelines that effectively balance administrative burden, cost savings and risk/ability.
- Be responsible for tracking progress in reaching procurement related goals/objectives and deliverables.
- Support the functioning of the Procurement Committee and Evaluation teams.
- Ensuring that the procurement systems are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure optimal functioning of the procurement section.
- Ensure timely procurement based on purchase requests received from user departments and provide regular updates as stipulated in WWF SLA
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
- Any other duties provided by the superiors/line manager.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Supplies Procurement Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 year’s professional experience in procurement, supplies and logistics ideally with experience working with government and NGOs.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels within WWF and other external stakeholder.
Method of ApplicationApplications must include a complete Cover Letter & CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: [email protected] by Friday 03rd December 2021 at 4:30 pm. Indicate the name of the position & location on the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam & Arusha.
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained through web address: https://www.wwf.or.tz/jobs_and_opportunities/jobs/.
WWF is equal opportunity Organizations.