Procurement Officer at Tanroads Kigoma
- Company: Tanroads Kigoma
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. It is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges scales.
The Regional Manager TANROADS Kigoma on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS is looking for suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill vacant positions available for Engineers, Technicians (Civil), Accounts Assistants, Procurement Officer, Records Management Assistant, Weighbridge Operators, Weighbridge Officers, Personal Secretary and Drivers as follows;
POSITION TITLE: PROCUREMENT OFFICER II (1 POST)
Scope of Position:
The successful candidate should be ready to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
Holders of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields: Procurement and Supplies Management, Materials Management, Logistics Management, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Procurement and Supplies Management or equivalent qualifications from recognised institution or Professional Level III offered by PSPTB. The candidate must be registered by Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technician Board (PSPTB) as Graduate Procurement and Supplies Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare estimates and budget for office supplies;
- To manage incoming and outgoing supplies;
- To maintain receipt and issue register;
- To manage stock;
- To undertake stock taking;
- To manage goods for disposal; and
- To perform such other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- All applicants must be a Tanzania Citizens.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, i.e. postal address, e-mails and telephone numbers.
- Age: Not above 45
- Apart from professional qualifications requirements outlined in the position, candidates to assume the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable, accountable and with high degree of integrity.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates.
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be certified by TCU, NACTE, or NECTA
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Deadline for submission of application is 14th August, 2023.
- Application letters should be written in English Language.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Appointment will be on Contract Terms; renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- The salaries for the post will be according to TANROADS Scales. Means of Applications
Method of ApplicationPlease send your handwritten application letter, academic and birth certificates as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (C.V) to the address shown below. Your application must be submitted not later than 14th August, 2023. Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for Interview.
THE REGIONAL MANAGER,
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS),
P O. BOX 97,
TANROADS is an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Works and Transport, established under the Executive Agencies Act. 1997