Procurement Officer at Sustainable Agriculture
- Company: Sustainable Agriculture
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for overseeing procurement planning, contracting, customs clearance, warehousing, managing and monitoring of supplies and services and approved construction works in compliance with SAT policies, donor rules and regulations, and other applicable guidelines.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control, spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Degree in procurement, logistics or a similar field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer, Supply Chain Manager or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge in ERP software
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork –Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment.
- An application letter describing your motivation for the position
- Recommendation letter
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae with three current contacts of reference
- Copy of NIDA Card or NIDA Number
- Photocopy of academic certificates and transcripts
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2022.
Applications should be addressed to
Human Resource Manager
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT),
P.O Box 6369,
All applications are submitted here