Procurement Officer at State Mining Corporation (STAMICO)
- Company: State Mining Corporation (STAMICO)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) is a state-owned entity established in 1972 under the Public Corporation Act, 1969 through the State Mining Corporation Establishment Order No. 163 of 1972 as amended by GN. 171 of 2015. The Corporation is responsible for investing in the mining sector through the entire mineral value chain from mineral prospecting, mining, processing and mineral trading. The Corporation operates mines and provides services in management of mining, drilling, environment and other related business. It is also responsible for supporting small scale mining sector in Tanzania.
STAMICO is purely commercial entity which operates in business norms on equal competitive environment along with private companies. In order to effectively and efficiently discharge its mandate, the Corporation wishes to advertise Transfer Vacancies from suitably qualified Tanzania Public Servants who wish to be transferred to STAMICO as follows:-
PROCUREMENT OFFICER I (1 Post)
Required Qualifications and Experience
Holder of Bachelor degree in one of the following fields; Procurement and Supplies Management. Material Management, Commerce/Business Administration (Majoring in Procurement and Supplies Management), Logistics Management or any other related field from recognized institution with working experience of at least 4 years in related field. Must be registered by PSPTB as a Graduate Procurement and Supplies Professional with computer literacy.
Duties and responsibilities
- To drive Corporation’s vehicles as assigned by the Transport Officer;
- To keep record of vehicle movements, distance covered within its logbook;
- To keep records of fuel and tires in the logbook;
- To perform routine service to his vehicle;
- To develop individual objectives or targets and performance standards as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate superior and
- To perform any other related duties as might be assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities
- To prepare Price Quotations and Selection Sheets;
- To maintain a register of all contracts awarded annually;
- To coordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments of procuring entity;
- To prepare other procurement reports as may be required from time to time;
- To collect and keep procurement statistics;
- To register requests for procurement from users;
- To liaise with supplies unit in establishing stock levels and timing of replacement;
- To coordinate inspection team for carrying out inspection of goods received to ensure conformity to quality;
- To follow up overdue orders from suppliers;
- To review evaluation reports;
- To develop individual objectives or targets and performance standards as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate superior: and
- To perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate
Remuneration: Salary Scale: SMC. 5.1
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with certified certificates. Results slips and provisional results are strictly not accepted.
- Applicants must be Public Servants and shall channel their application through their respective employers.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies must be certified by appropriate body (NECTA, NACTVET or TCU).
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness to cover the transfer cost.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants must submit their application to [email protected] not later than 11 February 2024.
State Mining Corporation,
Mirembe Road. Hazina Plot No. 173, Block ‘W’.
P.O. BOX 981,