9 Feb 2023
Procurement Officer at Pathfinder
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Pathfinder
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Key Job Outcomes:
- Supplies and Equipment Tracking and Delivery: Ensures timely tracking of all supplies and equipment sent to the relevant managers. Ensures timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified locations and proactively liaises with relevant managers to clarify relevant
- Procurement of Goods and Services: Purchases goods and services, analyzes purchase requisitions, and creates new and updates existing bid Prepares and follows up payment requests for goods and services in a timely manner in accordance with existing Pathfinder policies and guidelines. Coordinates, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of staff responsible for volume purchasing services.
- Bid Proposals: Assists in drafting and evaluating bid proposals; solicits and negotiates competitive pricing from vendors and makes recommendations for issuance of purchase orders and waivers of Reviews existing office supply contracts and coordinates the bid process in accordance with Pathfinder International procurement rules and best practices. Serves on committees to evaluate sealed proposals. Negotiates pricing.
- Vendor Database Management: Maintains a database of vendors. Investigates and resolves complex problems associated with outside vendor documentation to process purchase orders, waivers, payments.
- Reports: Prepares and submits procurement reports in agreed format and timeframe
Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates in cross-functional project teams
Minimally Required Job-specific Competencies:
- Purchase of Commodities: Foundational knowledge of the purchase of commodities, computer hardware and software, materials equipment, services and/or
- USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Foundational knowledge of USAID procurement rules and
- Procurement Process: Advanced knowledge of the procurement
- PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of purchasing
- Vendor Relations Management: Ability to maintain relationships with
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills. Advanced knowledge of report
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including strategies and
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment
Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE