Procurement Officer at Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST)
- Company: Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care, and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, children, and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
As an equal opportunity Employer, MST is looking for active and qualified individuals for the following roles:
Procurement Officer, Dar es Salaam: (1) Position:
Reporting to Procurement and Fleet Manager, the Procurement Officer is responsible for the systematic execution of all procurement procedures, and for the timely and cost-effective purchasing of all equipment, supplies and services required by Marie Stopes Tanzania. The Procurement Officer ensures that all purchases adhere to MSI Partnership best-practice, MST Procurement Guidelines, follow donor-compliance guidelines, and are fit for purpose and best value for money. The Procurement Officer must display a high level of personal integrity and a commitment to serving the needs of the organization.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all goods and services are of acceptable quality and are purchased and delivered on time.
- Actively coordinate with all Channels as necessary to ensure timely procurement of equipment and services that are fit for purpose and best value for money.
- Coordinate Procurement committee meetings, including preparation of agenda, documentation and taking minutes.
- Purchasing Function:
- Ensure that all aspects of the procurement process to comply with MST/MSI and donor regulations and no procurement rejected for non-compliance by auditors.
- Maintain good relationship with suppliers and develop new supplier links within. The Procurement Officer will continuously negotiate contracts with suppliers to develop mutually beneficial long-term partnerships and the best possible service and price for MST.
- Ensuring compliance with MST/MSI and donor procurement guidelines and make recommendations to Executive Team on favourable supply to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Review and process Purchase Request Forms, Request for Quotation, Summary Bid Analysis and Purchase Order using TRADOGRAM Procurement system.
- Prepare and administer purchasing contracts under the guidance of the Procurement and Fleet Manager and ensure the contract register are maintained and timely updated.
- Manage the shipping and clearing including liaising with customs agencies, Ministry of Health (TMDA) for import permits, clearing agents and donors; facilitation of shipment of goods liaising with sender offices.
- Coordinate with MSI Procurement and Logistics Department to ensure that all equipment and pharmaceutical products ordered internationally, or through the MSI Support Office, are ordered in a timely manner and cleared through customs quickly and cost effectively.
- To ensure purchase orders are raised by Procurement Department in respect of purchases made.
- To ensure TRADOGRAM procurement system is used to implement procurement business process to create, process and approval of purchase orders, create master data for products and suppliers, exporting purchase orders and generating procurement related reports.
- Work closely with logistics team to ensure that all procured goods are timely received and delivered. And ensure that all the MST procured assets are properly received, tagged, and updated in the system in line with MST Assets Management policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal departments to forecast and plan procurement needs accurately.
- To process tax exemptions and refund with TRA, donors and Ministry of Health/Ministry of Foreign Affairs, keep proper records of local tax laws and other procurement regulations.
- Perform due diligence/vetting to suppliers for all procurements.
- Process Vendors payments timely.
- Follow up on all deliverables which are not invoiced.
- Records keeping and documentation:
- Ensure that complete records are kept for all procurement and ensure that goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location/person.
- Develop, maintain, and update a database of prequalified and preferred suppliers, ensuring all suppliers are appropriately accredited.
- Keep proper records of service/ other contract documents with suppliers.
- Keep proper records of tenders/bids in respect of purchases.
- Responsible for maintaining all Procurement Dept. files in a professional manner.
- A Bachelor´s Degree in Procurement / or Supply Chain Management or any other relevant fields.
- Knowledge of Donors´ policies, regulations, and compliances e.g. USAID, FCDO, GAC.
- Registered with PSPT (Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician Board).
- PSPTB (Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technician Board) certified with CPSP (Certified Procurement and Suppliers Professional) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical procurement.
- Knowledge of customs clearance and importation procedures.
- At least 3 years of handling all aspects of the procurement process for supplies, equipment, and services within a large organisation especially donor funded.
- Demonstrated experience of strong negotiating skills and actively managing relations with suppliers.
- IT literate.
- Working knowledge of Procurement systems.
- Good communication skills in English & Kiswahili both verbal & written.
- Highly numerate with experience of using this skill to get best value-for-money and cost-control.
- Proven ability to interpret verbal, written and numerical data; must be able to handle a large amount of complex data with competing deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Positive to women seeking family planning services.
- Be able to work on own initiative to achieve results.
Method of ApplicationIf you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before October 16, 2023. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.