Procurement and Logistics Assistant at Chemonics
- Company: Chemonics
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics seeks a Procurement and Logistics Assistant for the USAID Lishe Mtambuka (Crosscutting Nutrition) project. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply for the position.
- Coordinating travel logistics for staff members based in Dar es Salaam and the project’s regional offices, including arranging air travel, booking hotel accommodations, organizing travel by road, overseeing maintenance of project vehicles, and supervising the Dar es Salaam office drivers.
- Assisting the finance team with the review and processing of staff travel advances and expense reports.
- Maintaining electronic and hard-copy procurement files, communicating with vendors, tracking procurements reporting requirements
- Coordinating procurement needs, including identifying suitable vendors, collecting price quotes, and assisting to document office supply inventories. Maintains relationships with appropriate vendors
- Assisting in maintaining the integrity of project procurement processes and ensuring all security practices of the project are being followed
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination required; bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Minimum two years of experience working in either a procurement and/or logistics role, or one year in a similar role on a USAID-funded project
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and procurement procedures strongly desired
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2023.