Procrement Specialist – Eac Payment and Settlement Systems at The East African Community (EAC)
- Company: The East African Community (EAC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,and Uganda) to apply for the following position below tenable at at the EAC Secretariat in Arusha, Tanzania:
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified citizens of the East African Partner States for the position of Procurement Specialist tenable at the EAC Secretariat in Arusha, Tanzania.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To be qualified for the position, the candidate must meet the minimum required qualifications and experience:
- Must have a Master’s degree, from a recognized University, in either Procurement, Management, Economics, BusinessAdministration, Engineering or any other related field;
- Professional certification, such as Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply certification (MCIPS) or other equivalent is desirable;
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience in executing procurement activities at national, regional or international bodies;
- Demonstrable understanding of the public procurement laws;
- Must be computer literate in the use of word processor, spreadsheets and any other applications used in the procurement function;
- Working experience with AfDB or other Multilateral Development Bank funded projects is added advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
This is an EAC-PSSIP project position supported by African Development Fund (ADF), and is a non-established position for which contract terms are limited to the period of the project, and may be renewed subject to performance and extension of the funding. The procurement specialist will be recruited by the EAC Secretariat for an initial period of two (2) years including a probation period of six months. The contract may be renewed contingent upon project budgeting and a satisfactory performance evaluation. Attractive consolidated remuneration packages for fixed contract positions will be paid in accordance with the EAC- PSSIP budget.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their applications quoting the reference number of the position applied for by registered mail, courier service, e-mail (all soft copies should be in PDF Format) or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and daytime tele/cell phone contacts to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
EAC Close, Afrika Mashariki Road
P.O. Box 1096
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel; +255 27 2162100
Fax No: 007 27 2502455/2504481
E-mail: [email protected]
To be received not later than Friday, 28th May 2021 at 17:00 hours local time (Arusha-United Republic of Tanzania)