Private Sector Engagement Officer at RTI International
- Company: RTI International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, Multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Project
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) is an independent non-profit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition with over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector in managing their environment and natural resources. RTI is implementing the newly awarded USAID funded Tuhifadhi Maliasili Project, which goal is to address dynamics that hinder habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania.
RTI is looking for a candidate to fill the Private Sector Engagement Officer. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with travels required to the project areas.
Purpose of the position
The Private Sector Engagement officer will provide technical support for activities that cover identification of potential products and services, value addition, quality assurance, and linkages to broader markets for conservation friendly products and services.
Skills & Abilities
- Master’s degree in business administration, biodiversity conservation, ecosystem management, natural resources management, Environmental/natural resource economics, environmental science or/and bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience in private sector development and agribusiness.
- Experience and/or training on agribusiness, value chain assessments, and innovative financing models by different financial institutions.
- Experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders preferred.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel and work in rural areas and difficult terrain/conditions at times; and
- Proficiency in English is required.
Due to the urgency of project need, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The shortlist of candidates may be finalized prior to the closing application deadline. Therefore, candidates are urged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationRTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may apply directly on RTI’s careers site or submit an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected] Please reference the position title in subject line.
The deadline for submitting application is 8th November 2021.