Private Sector Engagement Lead at Chemonics
- Company: Chemonics
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics seeks a Private Sector Engagement Lead for the five-year, $12.9 million USAID/Tanzania Heshimu Bahari (Respect the Ocean) Activity. This activity will implement a series of interventions that support and strengthen the capacity for biodiversity conservation in a manner that 1) reduces the use of illegal and unsustainable fishing; 2) improves the governance and management of coastal land and seascapes; and 3) improves policy development and capacity to implement policies. These interventions together will help reduce threats to marine and coastal biodiversity in Tanzania.
The Private Sector Lead will facilitate interventions that increase private sector investment and engagement in marine protected areas and fisheries management. They will work to incentivize private sector investment and assess and share investment opportunities that support communities and ecosystems. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop and maintain relationships with private sector partners to drive the activity’s engagement activities
- Design and implement activities that ensure private sector actors and business associates are engaged and advocating for a socially responsible and business-friendly enabling environment that promotes and incentivizes sustainable management of marine resources
- Support private sector actors and business associations to design, strengthen, and replicate marine protected area and sustainable fisheries management models
- Identify and articulate shared value for private sector actors’ contributions to the activity’s goals
- Support the development of activity deliverables and contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning processes related to private sector engagement activities
- Oversee select sub-awards and supervise short-term consultants
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in business administration, economics, communications, and/or another relevant field required; advanced degree preferred
- Five years of private sector engagement experience in Tanzania required; experience working with private sector actors in fisheries, tourism, and/or related sectors preferred
- Experience engaging private sector on corporate social responsibility or social development initiatives preferred
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining strong relationships private sector, government, civil society, and donor stakeholders
- Experience with USAID and/or other donor project preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Kiswahili preferred
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2022.