Private Driver/City Tour Guide Interns x2 at DUTENI
- Company: DUTENI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Headquartered in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, DUTENI is a vibrant fast-growing Company providing premier solutions to our corporate clients and unique experiences to our tourism clients. Due to our fast growth, we are looking to bring on 2 qualified energetic, creative, trustworthy, customer-centric, passionate, recent Tanzanian graduates for a short driving/city guiding internship. This internship will afford the selected individuals an opportunity to learn the Duteni way with potential for a long term commitment based on performance evaluation.
ONLY RECENT NIT, VETA OR SIMILAR NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED DRIVING SCHOOL INSTITUTIONS GRADUATES (NOT MORE THAN 3 YEARS FROM GRADUATION) WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A DEMANDING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY TO EXPAND THEIR PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE SHOULD APPLY.
Job Title: Private Driver/City Tour Guide Interns – 2 Posts
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Minimal stipend
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a private driver/city tour guide intern, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Professionally and safely drive clients around in a clean well-maintained company provided vehicle in consistency with company policies, practices, and procedures
- Exceed the expectation of discerning clients itineraries from start to finish
- Greet clients and respond to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Always ensure the safety of clients and offer them the highest level of customer service
- Open to accepting constructive feedback without taking it personally and continuously embrace learning opportunities
- Be extremely punctual by arriving at the client’s location on time
- Comply with traffic laws, placing the client’s safety above all else
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting the vehicle and help them with any luggage
- Carefully lift, load/unload, and carry luggage (up to 25kgs) and other belongings of the passenger(s)
- Regulate vehicles lighting, and ventilating systems for the client’s comfort
- Vacuum and clean interiors and wash and polish exteriors of your assigned vehicle
- Must be able to work a varied schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holiday shifts
- Carry out regular checks on the vehicle before and after each day’s run
- Keep track of vehicle insurances, registration etc renewals
- Complete driver’s log, to include name, destination(s), kilometers, and time on daily basis
- Ensure proper maintenance and refuel vehicle as needed
- May be asked to help plan itineraries and accompany client(s) for extended periods of time
- Maintain constant communication with your manager, notifying him/her of your location throughout the day
- Positive and professional attitude, staying nicely groomed, must wear standard uniforms, maintain a clean and polished professional appearance
- Actively look for ways to improve customer’s experience
- Performing other duties as directed, developed, or assigned by the management from time to time
- Mastery of written and spoken English language is a MUST (you will be tested)
- At least 3-month of professional driving experience with clean driving record
- MUST have current class C1, C2, C3 Tanzania driving license
- Ability to drive manual/stick shift vehicle is an added advantage
- Familiarity with electronic devices such as smartphones and tablets
- Consistent punctuality with dependable attendance patterns is a must
- Excellent time management skills, strong communication skills and ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of driving routes and good sense of direction of all key destinations especially in Dar Es Salaam
- Open to walking and standing intermittently for extended durations during the entire working period
- The job will also require the ability to sit for extended periods of time while operating a motor vehicle
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions etc.
- Have sound state of mind and calm nature in a fast-paced high-pressured environment
- Able to complete routine reports and correspondence such as trip sheets or inspection forms
- Team player with very strong work ethics
- As this position is key to providing Duteni customers with an excellent service experience, the driver must demonstrate with both verbal and non-verbal actions; a) Friendliness, b) Willingness to service, c) Gratitude for using the Duteni’s services for their transportation needs and d) High degree of professionalism.
- Candidates who have been driving for UBER/BOLT or similar ride share services for at least 1 year AND who meet our listed strict requirements will also be considered.
- This is an opportunity for you to gain world class invaluable job experience.
You MUST have at least a certificate/diploma/VIP training or above from a college/recognized professional driving training institution.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the above strict requirements, please email your CV and cover letter in confidence to [email protected] with subject line: Private Driver/City Tour Guide Intern
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please
Closing date for Applications: 28 April 2023
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE