Principal Procurement Officer at Cotton Development Trust Fund
- Company: Cotton Development Trust Fund
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Cotton Development Trust Fund (CDTF) was incorporated in Tanzania on 4th March 2008 under Trustees Incorporation Act (CAP.318 R.E. 2002) as per certificate of incorporation No. 3352. The Fund is a replacement of the Cotton Development Fund (CDF), which was established under the auspices of the Cotton Industry Act No. 2 of 2001. Formation of the Fund was in line with the wishes of the Cotton Industry Stakeholders as outlined in the Memorandum of understanding which was signed on 21st April 2006. This Fund which is under the supervision of Tanzania Cotton Board is looking for qualified, young and dynamic Tanzanian to fill in the following vacant position under contractual basis.
PRINCIPAL PROCUREMENT OFFICER (01 POST)
Qualifications and Experience Required Education requirement:
Holder of Master Degree in any of the following field: Materials Management, Procurement and Supplies Management, Logistics Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution plus CSP or CPSP and registered by the PSPTB as Authorised Procurement and Supplies Professional with working experience of at least ten (10) years in related field.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be head of the Procurement Unit of the Fund;
- To deal with all procurement and disposal by tender activities of the Fund except adjudication and the award of contract:
- To implement the decisions of the Tender Board:
- To deal with preparation of tendering documents:
- To deal with the preparations of advertisements of tender opportunities;
- To deal with the preparation of contract documents;
- To maintain a list or register of all contracts awarded;
- To prepare monthly reports for the Tender Board;
- To co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments/units of the Fund;
- To supervise market surveys;
- To mentor and coach subordinate staff and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
- The candidate must have good communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Must be computer literate
- Self-motivated individual
- Team Player
DUTY STATION: MWANZA
Attractive remuneration will be paid to the right candidate
- Applicants must attach an up to date passport size photo, current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone number(s).
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic Certificates as follows:
- Degrees and professional certificates
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates
- Birth Certificate
- Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts in their CV.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Accreditation Council for Technical Education (NACTE) for foreign non degree certificates.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further processes
- Closing date will be 28th November, 2022
Method of ApplicationApplication letters should be posted, e-mailed or hand delivered to the following address:
TANZANIA COTTON BOARD
REGIONAL DRIVE ROAD
P.O. BOX 61
E-mail: [email protected]