Principal Innovations and Outreach Officer (P3) at IUCEA
- Company: IUCEA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is a strategic institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for coordinating the development of human resources and research in the EAC Higher Education Institutions. The main objectives of IUCEA are to; (i) facilitate networking among universities in East Africa, and with universities outside the region; (ii) provide a forum for discussion on a wide range of academic and other matters relating to higher education in East Africa; and (iii) facilitate maintenance of internationally comparable education standards in East Africa so as to promote the region’s global competitiveness in higher education.
In order to fulfil its current mandate and to meet all its objectives and planned activities, IUCEA now wishes to recruit staff at the Secretariat for the posts;
Position Title: Principal Innovations and Outreach Officer (P3),
Unit: Research and Innovations
Job Reports to: Chief Principal Research and Innovation Coordination
Job Supervises: None
Job Purpose: The job holder will provide leadership in the coordination of innovations and outreach for higher education institutions. S/He will coordinate activities to enhance innovations undertaken in higher education institutions in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promoting the development of viable research, innovations and outreach programmes to address socioeconomic needs in the East African Community.
- Facilitating development of joint research, innovation and outreach projects among higher education and research institutions in the region.
- Facilitating linkages between higher education institutions and the business community through development of collaborative research and innovation programmes and projects.
- Facilitating organisation of regional conferences, workshops, and seminars to disseminate research results to stakeholders.
- Facilitating exchange of information between researchers and the general society related to research, innovation and outreach activities: identification, execution and monitoring and evaluation.
Key Performance Indicators
- Research management information system and outreach activities available and periodically updated,
- Number of research projects/programmes developed and funded,
- Number of intra- and inter-institutional research networks established ,
- Number of regional seminars, conferences, and workshop organised,
Minimum Job Requirements (a) Academic Qualifications
Have a Masters’ degree in Science, Mathematics, ICT, Engineering or related fields from a recognized institution. A PhD is an added advantage.
(b) Work Experience
Have at least 5years experience in teaching and/or research at the rank of Lecturer or equivalent in a recognized higher education or research institution, 3 years at Senior Management level.
(c) Key Competencies
- Must have sound knowledge of research, innovation and outreach services delivery by higher education or research institution
- Have sound experience in research proposal and report writing
- Be conversant with academic programs in higher education and the multiple challenges and global pressures facing them
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have sound computer knowledge and skills
Tenure and Remuneration
As per the EAC Staff Rules and Regulations, the successful applicant for this post shall serve for a five-year term renewable once. A comprehensive remuneration package commensurate with the EAC Professional Job Grades and Diplomatic status shall be offered to the suitable candidate. Additional details on these packages may be obtained from the undersigned.
Applicants should not be more than 55 years as the EAC retirement age is 60 years.
The successful candidate shall be notified of his/her appointment by the 2nd week of April to give him/her enough time to also give notice to his/her employer.
Submission of Applications
The deadline for submission of application forms to the IUCEA Secretariat is Monday 1st February 2021. Application forms should be downloaded and filled online accompanied by the following:
- Certified copies of the applicant’s degree awards
- Up to date and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Addresses of three referees, one of which should be of the current immediate supervisor.
- Any other relevant supporting documents
Method of ApplicationComplete the online form on this link https://forms.gle/Jd3gkQw1mrm3Kuf9A / https://bit.ly/3aAnZ4X and submit application documents electronically to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2
E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 February, 2021
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here NOTE :
- All candidates who applied for the re-advertised positions earlier are encouraged to re-apply.
- IUCEA will not accept hand-delivered applications. Applicants must complete application forms as indicated above.