Principal at Don Bosco Society / Dbttc
- Company: Don Bosco Society / Dbttc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Don Bosco Society / Dbttc
The Salesian of Don Bosco society is one of the largest orders of the Catholic Church that provides education and human development programs for poor, disadvantaged and abandoned children and youths across the world. The Society was founded in 1859 and now includes over 20,000 priests and brothers (Society of St. John Bosco, SDB) and 17,000 sisters (Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, FMA). In furthering their vision and reaching out to more young people in need, they are assisted by thousands of lay supporters and employees in over 136 countries. To date, Salesians run more than 3,500 Salesians schools that include formal and non-formal secondary schools, vocational-technical schools, and agriculture schools, orphanages, and youth centers. The Salesian of Don Bosco society has established with the vision of becoming a center for excellence in innovation and provision of holistic technical education and training, in order to fulfill its functions properly, the College is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced Tanzanians to fill in the following vacancies.
This is a full time position based in Dodoma,Tanzania.The Principal will serve as the educational leader, responsible for managing policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the institute.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the Principal work collaboratively and communicates effectively with the Board of Directors and other stakeholders to direct and nurture all members’ staff. The Principal will also be responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum enhancement, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations.
Qualifications and experience required
- Holder of a PhD/ Masters in Engineering or Science
- At least 8 years working experience, three (3) years at a senior position in a related position in any institute of higher learning or management of a technical Institute.
- He/she must be registered by a relevant professional body.
- Evidence of training with leadership focus.
- Evidence of entrepreneurial skills required in managing a technical institution.
- Management or pedagogical training is an added advantage.
- He/she must be computer literate.
Job functions and responsibilities; The Principal shall:
- Facilitate the transitioning of the current Institute to become the leading technical institution in all spheres.
- Promote and facilitate the innovation and enhancement of the curriculum to ensure it delivers an outstanding range of education and training opportunities.
- Provide support and be responsible for the recruitment of school personnel and faculty to run the maiden programs at the college with a view to grow into a higher learning institution once it starts operating.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students by ensuring the faculty offers education that is practical/applied, problem-based, and student-centered.
- Organize for attachment of students by ensuring strong alignment with the industry to provide incubation, mentorship, experiential training.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the Institute consistent with its mission, values, and agenda.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative and mutually supportive relationship with staff, parents while communicating with the Board regularly about the needs, successes and general operation of the Institution.
- Be aware and understand relevant legislation and changes in the education sector and the potential implications for the institution.
- Undertake any additional duties that may be required within the scope of the post.
- Provide inspiring leadership ensuring that all staff are working in collaboration to achieve the highest results for learners.
- Ensure that the appropriate targets are set and agreed in order to achieve agreed short-term plans and that performance against these targets is monitored and that the college meets these targets.
- Foster positive internal and external communication ensuring staff is made aware of developments and decisions of the management board.
- Be an outstanding ambassador for the institution promoting and representing it at local, regional and international level.
- Ensure that overall management, internal organization and discipline of staff and learners are consistent with agreed policies and that they are applied fairly.
Teaching and Learning
- Ensure that high quality standards are set and achieved for all programmes.
- Promote practices that support learners.
- Supervise the instructional programmes of the school, to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with the college on learning and students growth and development
- Ensure procedures for evaluation and selection of instructional materials and equipment, are according to approved standards
- Ensure evaluation of staff and quality of education, training and services and respond to student’s feedback. Financial and Resource Management
- Be responsible to the management board for the preparation of annual estimates of income and expenditure and the efficient, effective management of resources in line with approved budgets.
- Ensure there is proper and effective operation of financial planning and management controls.
- Ensure continued solvency and good financial health of the institution.
- Ensure that information systems are in place to provide timely robust data to support the management of the institution.
- Ensure the assets of the Institution are maintained in proper order to avoid deterioration in value and promote further development to support the institution’s objectives.
- Ensure proper repair, stocking of workshops and the library and maintenance of all the college’s resources and facilities for promotion of teaching and learning.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, which should include the following: Letter of Interest (cover letter) with an indication of the applicant’s ability in relation to position applied and availability
CV or Resume with explaining how your background and experience are relevant to the position you are applying for in terms of; qualifications, competencies, knowledge, and skills
All applicants will also be required to put at least three names and address of referee Qualified Candidate should submit their profiles detailing their work Experience
and their contacts (with daytime telephone contacts) to [email protected] while copying [email protected] and [email protected] by the 15th of January 2021.
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 January, 2021