Preschool Assistant Teacher at Central Academy Preschool & Daycare
- Company: Central Academy Preschool & Daycare
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Preschool Assistant Teacher
Job Title: Preschool Assistant Teacher
Work Location: Dodoma
Reports To: School Principal
Job Grade: 3
Qualification: Montessori trained
Central Academy provides an inclusive, caring and rigorous learning environment that engages our students and challenges them to grow academically, socially, emotionally, physically and creatively to their full potential. Students are encouraged to develop a social conscience which enables them to contribute to their family, school and the wider community.
Achieving excellence in academic and non-academic fields in a student in a supportive and caring environment forms the main strand in our mission. With the unprecedented support of our parent community we hope to make our institution one of the premier institutions in Tanzania.
To bring inspiration, curiosity and creativity to responsible future global citizens
Educating, nurturing and empowering students to contribute to in a rapidly changing society, thus making the world a better place
Care Learn Excel Achieve Respect
With that in mind, Central Academy strives to provide an alternative to traditional infant, day and after school care that not only meets child care needs, but also provided an activity-based learning environment that mirrors those around the developed world.
You will be part of a dynamic team that will spearhead efforts to enhance the quality of Early Childhood Education. As a centre Principal, you will lead a team of Early Childhood Educators in providing quality education, holistic development and care for the children. You will be responsible for the management of the centre, the planning and organisation of the centre’s programme, as well as the deployment, professional development and well-being of all staff.
- Provide assistance for wellbeing of children
- Assist with various classroom duties and day to day activities
- Under the supervision of the teacher and campus director, this position provides assistance for the well being and instruction of the children ages two through six.
- Assist with the day to day operations of the classroom, outside activities, lunch preparation, etc.
- Assist with various duties in the classroom.
- Prepare snacks, manage and maintain the classroom, and assist with the afternoon extracurricular activities.
- Work with a strong diverse team and have the opportunity to learn from educators with many years of teaching experience.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher, campus director or principal
- A minimum of 3 – 6 hours in early childhood education is preferred
- 1-3 years experience working with children in a classroom environment or licensed home day care
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Knowledge of CPR or willingness to learn
- Diploma or certificate in Montessori education; Willing to train the right candidate with a positive attitude
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants are invited to email detailed CV and cover letter indicating current and expected salaries to [email protected]. Please refer to the job you are applying for in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please refer to the job title in the subject line
Closing date: 21/October/2021