Policy and Advocacy Advisor at Chemonics
- Company: Chemonics
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
At Chemonics, we promote meaningful change around the world, helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 140 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face difficult challenges, from political instability to limited healthcare to a lack of market infrastructure. We have helped them overcome those challenges by working together to find and implement innovative projects that achieve development impact. We are committed to living our values of caring, excellence, innovation, integrity, and opportunity to implement efficient and effective programs that build a better future for those we serve.
Chemonics seeks a Policy and Advocacy Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Tanzania Private Sector Strengthening Activity. The purpose of this four-year activity is to increase economic opportunities for private sector youth and improve the business enabling environment for youth entrepreneurs, youth-led startups, and youth-led businesses, particularly within the agriculture sector and related value chains.
The Policy and Advocacy Advisor will be responsible for strengthening private sector associations’ capacity to successfully conceptualize, develop, build consensus, advocate and support enforcement of private sector policies that support youth-led businesses. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Provide policy direction for the activity and serve as a liaison between the project, government policy decision makers, the private sector, and other stakeholders
• Work closely with private sector associations and other activity stakeholders to identify policy, legal, and regulatory priorities for supporting youth entrepreneurs, startups, and business, particularly within the agriculture sector and related value chains
• Work closely with private sector associations to identify policies supporting private sector development that require revision, implementation and/or enforcement
• Engage with relevant government officials to facilitate public-private dialogue, discussion, and engagement throughout the policy process
• Build capacity within private sector associations to identify policy needs and priorities; undertake research to inform policy decision, develop and assess policy and regulatory proposals and papers; and promote and advocate for the interests of members and stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in public policy, economics, business management, public finance, or a related field
• Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience informing policy decisions and implementing policy
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the private sector, youth organizations/representatives, senior government officials, donors, and other stakeholders
• Proven experience in public policy research, analysis, and formulation
• Knowledge of Tanzanian private sector policy environment and its impact on youth particularly in agriculture and related value chains
• Proven strategic thinking and analysis ability within the Tanzanian socio-economic, political environment
• Established reputation for integrity and the provision of thorough public policy advisory and advocacy
• Professional level of oral and written fluency in the English language
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th January , 2022.