Point-of-Care Ultrasound and Telemedicine Facilitator at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – POINT-OF-CARE ULTRASOUND AND TELEMEDICINE FACALITATOR
Title: POINT-OF-CARE ULTRASOUND AND TELEMEDICINE FACALITATOR
Duration: 3 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 3rd of January 2022
Direct Reports: MEDICAL TEAM LEADER in Nduta, MEDICAL COORDINATOR in Dar es Salaam, OCG POCUS ADVISOR and MEDOPS POCUS program in Geneva
Location: NDUTA CAMP (KIBONDO, KIGOMA REGION)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Medical doctor or Clinical officer with certified accreditation or training and experience in point of care ultrasound (POCUS)
· Minimum 2 years working experience with extensive experience in performing and reporting/interpreting ultrasound of both children and adults
· Previous work experience with MSF is a must
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
Objectives of the position:
· To integrate existing strategy for POCUS implementation and follow-up of previous training activities
· To assist directly field team with context-specific POCUS training
· To support capacity building and strengthen the existing POCUS team
· To strengthen strategy for integrated use of Telemedicine in all departments
· To collaborate with the intersectional POCUS Advisors to improve POCUS usage and create sustainable capacity for the future
Main competencies and knowledge:
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and training
· Ability to motivate and lead medical colleagues and to translate strategy and policy into operational practice
· Enthusiastic, motivated and independent; able to work with minimal supervision in challenging contexts
· Experience working in resource limited settings with MSF or with equivalent humanitarian organization
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Computer literacy: Microsoft Office is essential
- Experience in training medical professionals in ultrasound
- POCUS ultrasound of both children and adults covering EFAST, cardio-pulmonary, basic abdomen, and if possible basic emergency obstetric. Other skills, including for soft tissue, musculoskeletal, neonatal head, etc.
- Experience in tropical diseases and working in resource-limited settings
- Training other staff experience in POCUS within the MSF context
- Familiar with Quality Assurance systems and continued medical education in ultrasound
- Familiar with the use of Telemedicine, case submission and discussions
- To serve as project POCUS facilitator and focal point for Telemedicine in Nduta with the reporting line to POCUS Advisor and works with complete medical team.
- To integrate existing strategy to address POCUS training needs and implementation:
- Together with the intersectional POCUS Advisors, review training strategy to continue longitudinal POCUS programs, which fit Operational strategies and objectives.
- To organize and perform pending field-based POCUS training/implementation for MSF clinicians in Nduta, especially national staff.
- To serve as Co-facilitator during remote training of facilitators for general and obstetric POCUS to create solid facilitation skills in Nduta.
- To organize and facilitate orientations on project level and demonstrations of POCUS usages to key people (new arrivals, visitors, etc.)
- To assist the POCUS Advisor in long-term planning for POCUS implementation.
- To follow-up all previous trainees through organizing longitudinal tracking and ensure high quality clinical integration by all POCUS clinicians.
- To ensure systematic and appropriate use of Telemedicine by all clinicians:
- To support TM case submission.
- To implement follow-up system of chronic TM cases in the project (especially paediatric cardiac cases).
- To support appropriate documentation and handover of TM cases.
- To assess needs of equipment and create easy workflow for all clinicians.
- To contribute to MSF wide objectives in 5 work-streams (if applicable): Field based implementation, operational research, integration of algorithms into clinical guidelines, technology and telemedicine.
- To coordinate with the POCUS focal points and field biomedical team regarding any issues with standard equipment in the field, and when requested, advice fields on appropriate of ultrasound equipment.
Method of ApplicationAll interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your email will be:
POINT-OF-CARE ULTRASOUND AND TELEMEDICINE FACALITATOR – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 05/12/2021
Only applications in English will be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted