PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Officer x4 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Company: Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of Tanzania and world at large. The priorities include: HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH), Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; as academic and nonacademic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH (Sub recipient) in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) through USAID funded Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program–HIV and Tuberculosis (C3HP HIV TB) seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies based in Dar es salaam and 6 supported regions of Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe and Ruvuma.
POSITION TITLE: PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Officer (4 Posts)
LOCATION: Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe and Ruvuma Regions
REPORTS TO: PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Advisor
The PMTCT/EID/Pediatric HIV Officer works with and supports the PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Advisor to ensure efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT and EID services in her/his respective region, including Pediatric, adolescent and youth HIV prevention, testing, care and Anti-Retroviral Treatment services. She/he is responsible for the field implementation, coordination and reporting of all PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV initiatives in her/his respective region under the guidance of the PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Advisor in collaboration with Senior Advisor Quality Services Delivery, other project staff and R/CHMTs and supported facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Advisor in implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV services under the C3HP project, in line with project work-plan.
2. Support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities – such as Option B+, Index HIV testing, male involvement, Infant Virologic testing, PrEP for discordant couple and Pediatric HIV case identification, ARV optimization & HVL suppression -in line with national guidelines.
3. Provide TA to the R/CHMTs and supported facilities in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV and related programs and services.
4. Support PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Advisor to asses and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with R/CHMTs.
5. Support timely collection and submission of PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
6. To support the PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Advisor in writing technical program documents including, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents.
7. Support and advise PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV Advisor on all PMTCT/EID/Paediatric HIV issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Doctor of Medicine degree/ Advance Diploma in Medicine or Degree/Diploma in Nursing.
2. Minimum 3 years’ work experience in public health program including 2 years’ experience technical expertise in PMTCT/Ped HIV programs at regional level.
3. Work experience in PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
4. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the PMTCT/Ped HIV program.
5. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
6. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
7. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
8. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 80% of time.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates for any of the above position should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 8th December 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 December 2021.