PMTCT Assistant at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Reports to:||Regional Project Manager|
The PMTCT Assistant will support deliverance of comprehensive and quality HIV care and treatment services to achieve the 95-95-95 goals for the epidemic control and specifically oversee all PMTCT/EID related services. S/He will supervise the district Pediatrics and Adolescents officers in collaboration with the CHMT to ensure the portfolio is comprehensively implemented according to the project strategic goals and expectations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of all PMTCT/EID activities in AMREF supported district.
- Ensure all pregnant women within the catchment area are identified, attend RCH, tested for HIV and know their status as well as their sexual partners and those who are Positive for HIV are effectively linked into C & T.
- In collaboration with CHMT, leads implementation of PMTCT and EID focused interventions that target at increasing HIV diagnosis among pregnant and nursing mothers and HIV exposed infants.
- Coordinate and Implement strategies to address PMTCT/EID related linkage, treatment, retention, and viral suppression programs under the technical guidance from PMTCT advisor.
- Coordinate all PMTCT/EID related mentorship, training and capacity building in the recipient’s facilities under the technical guidance from PMTCT advisor.
- Lead PMTCT/EID program reporting on periodic program events (monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc) on all clinical related matters and provide relevant contribution
- Participate in the relevant PMTCT/EID meetings at district and regional level, reporting, presentation and representation and abstract development/evidencebased documentation and sharing routinely and as required.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by line manager or other Amref senior management team
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- A Clinical Officer/nursing degree/ diploma of health-related field.
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 5 years of “hands on experience” in PMTCT/EID HIV prevention, care and treatment program in resource limited country
- Experience working in public health NGO
- Experience working with Local government and ministry of health
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.<
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.