Plant Technician / Operator – Packaging at Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited
- Company: Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited
Plant Technician / Operator – Packaging
Pyxus International, of which Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited is a subsidiary, is a global agricultural company united behind a common purpose – to transform people’s lives so that together we can grow a better world. With 145 years’ experience delivering value-added products and services to businesses and customers, we are a trusted provider of responsibly-sourced, independently-verified, sustainable and traceable products and ingredients.
Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited is in the process of acquiring an Edible Oil mill and Refinery in Dodoma as part of its diversification strategy and is now recruiting for key positions for this venture. The successful applicants will be sitting in the engine of growth as we shape our future together.
The job provides information to assist the Packaging technician to oversee and manage the full Oil Packaging process, to monitor equipment to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness of the packaging plant to minimize the losses hence achieve the expected yield. Also responsible for the safe operation, basic maintenance, hygiene of the plant and troubleshooting of the facility’s equipment and instruments in compliance with TFDA, TBS and international Standards for food packaging process; Carry out basic electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, modifications of electrical and electrical systems.
What you will do:
- To set and monitor plant machines for bottle production nd achieve he intended targets in line with standard operating procedures.
- To Monitor the Packaging processes to ensure the standard of filling, capping, labelling/coding, batching, boxing, wrapping, palletisation and storage of finished product is at optimal rate and exceeding set standard and consistency maintained.
- Implementation of the off season and on season maintenance plan, reduces down time, coordinates installation and repairs of all electrical equipment and machinery.
Who you are and what you’ve done
- NTA Level 3 in Electrical Engineering and /or instrumentation
- NTA Level 5 Electrical Engineering and/or Instrumentation
- PET bottle blowing experience in similar environment with 2 to 3 years in a similar position. 2 to 3years Air Compressors, Chillers, in-line bottle filling operational and maintenance 1 to 2 years PLC experience in similar environment
- Instrumentation PLC and electrical maintenance Budget control
- Technical drawing and project management Computer literacy Health, Safety and Security Electrical engineering, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Analytical and problem solving skills Ability to manage work teams and achieve objectives
- Verbal and written English and Swahili and ability to prepare and present relatively complex situations Ability to plan the work program and identify critical objectives and issues for the on and off season Quality control and Troubleshooting skills
Method of Application
Please send your Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of three referees to the below address.
The Human Resources Director
Pyxus Agriculture Tanzania Limited
P.O. Box 1595
The deadline for submitting the application is September 30, 2020