Plant Superintendent at Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
- Company: Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Plant Superintendent – 01 Positions Advertisement
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned above.
Position Title: Plant Superintendent
Location: Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mwadui, Shinyanga
Report: Production Manager
Summary: Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamond producer. The mine is an open pit operation based upon the 146-hectareMwadui kimberlite pipe, which is one of the world’s largest economic kimberlites. For over 80 years, Williamson Diamond Limited has lived side by side and co-existed peacefully with the communities around Mwadui, while implementing a wide range of development programs for the last ten years, focusing on promoting the lives and livelihoods of the communities surrounding Mwadui Mine Site.
Role Description: Reporting to the Production Manager, the role will be responsible for the overall supervision and monitoring of all production activities and monitor and comply with all company safety and security procedures and practices throughout the plant.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop operations teams and processes.
- Monitor and comply with all Company Safety & Security procedures and practices throughout the plant,tailings and slimes.
- Monitor all Production activities as per guidelines.
- Monitor all production process Consumables.
- Delegate and directs plant foremen in the performance of their duties and communicate production information to the plant manager or General Manager and crews to enhance performance.
- Manage and maintain production operations budget and expenditures.
- Oversee safety to all plant workers and their work surrounding areas and assist to correct any problems or defect to machinery identified
- Reviewing safety procedures to ensure that employees are following them at all times.
- Conducting safety inspections of equipment and structures to ensure that they meet safety standards.
- Reviewing engineering designs and plans to ensure that they meet safety standards and other requirements.
- Coordinating with other staff members to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinating with other staff members to prepare a production budget for the upcoming year based on plant performance, new regulations and other factors that may impact production operations.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors or manufactures to obtain process equipment or supplies at the best prices.
- Recommending capital improvements for machinery and equipment to increase efficiency and safety.
- Coordinating with maintenance team to oversee maintenance of plant machinery and equipment to ensure proper functioning of facilities.
- Maintaining records of labor, production and major equipment maintenance, as well as capital expenditures.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of required documentation, including shift report information, daily reports, month-end inventories, plant consumables usage and inventories, task training, safety and first
- Analyzing production reports and checking process efficiency.
Minimum Requirements for all applicants:
- Bachelor Degree in Mineral Processing Engineering or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Plant Superintendent Activities.
- Competent in Computer application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Swahili
- Possession of a valid driving license.
Other required Skills and Competencies:
- Honesty, punctuality, ability to obey orders and dedicated to any legal task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to actively show willingness to work on normal days and public holidays when required
- Solve Plant process problems.
- Demonstrate decision-making and apply a systematic approach.
- Coordinate activities in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate knowledge in Plant process and equipment.
- Analyze all available process data and identify improvement opportunities.
- Apply generic management principles and practices when coordinating production activities.
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses before 15th October, 2022 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P 0. Box 23,
Mwadui – Shinyanga.
Or drop the same through the following email, [email protected]
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy (2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you do not hear from us after 31st October, 2022 please consider yourself unsuccessful. Williamson Diamonds Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: Phone Call: +255 28 276 3872+255 767 744 617;