This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
2 Nov 2020
Plant Director at Adexen Tanzania
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Adexen Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
- Adexen was mandated by a leading international Group to recruit an experienced Plant Director for its operations. The position is based in Tanzania.
- Manage all activities of the plant and provide leadership to direct reports and the entire staff of the Company.
- Take overall responsibility for all production related operations including purchasing and distribution, safety, industrial excellence and technical support, human resources (people mobilization/development), customer orientation and logistics as well as production support functions such as mining, engineering and maintenance.
- To ensure that quality/quantity are met and implementation of all company policies and procedures, in the areas of HSE, Personnel, Training and Financial Management
- Provide overall strategic leadership, direction and guidance for all Plant operations.
- Ensure the continuous growth and profitability of the organisation’s business.
- Demonstrate ownership for the execution of the corporate strategy at the plant level
- Prepare the annual budgets and prudently monitor and manage the Plants’s resources within the budgetary provision
- Continually control and monitor plant performance through measurement and analysis through the use of standard tools, benchmarking and pre-defined Group indicators to be used for tracking.
- Demonstrate ownership for all technical issues in the plants.
- Optimise and adapt the production process and equipment
- Oversee the analysis of sales forecast to determine production capacity required to meet forecast.
- Monitor production performance including cost & volumes of raw materials, energy & fuels, effective utilisation of equipment/machines and ensure alignment with planned production targets, delivery targets, profitability targets and other key performance measures.
- Oversee the execution of all necessary systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework
- Develop a customer oriented culture
- Human Resources Management and Development: execution of succession plan and training plan, compensation, labour relations and communication
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university in the field of Engineering
- MBA is a plus.
- 20 years’ experience, with at least 10 years in managing multiple lines large scale industrial plant
- Previous experience in Emerging Markets/Africa is a plus
- Very good understanding of technical problems and industrial strategy in the following domains: Operation and Maintenance, Process Management, Product Quality, Quality/ Environmental, Project Management, Human Resources, Logistics
- In-depth knowledge of strategic planning and financial management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd December, 2020.