2 Nov 2020
Plant Director at Adexen Tanzania
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Adexen Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
- Adexen was mandated by a leading international Group to recruit an experienced Plant Director for its operations. The position is based in Tanzania.
- Manage all activities of the plant and provide leadership to direct reports and the entire staff of the Company.
- Take overall responsibility for all production related operations including purchasing and distribution, safety, industrial excellence and technical support, human resources (people mobilization/development), customer orientation and logistics as well as production support functions such as mining, engineering and maintenance.
- To ensure that quality/quantity are met and implementation of all company policies and procedures, in the areas of HSE, Personnel, Training and Financial Management
- Provide overall strategic leadership, direction and guidance for all Plant operations.
- Ensure the continuous growth and profitability of the organisation’s business.
- Demonstrate ownership for the execution of the corporate strategy at the plant level
- Prepare the annual budgets and prudently monitor and manage the Plants’s resources within the budgetary provision
- Continually control and monitor plant performance through measurement and analysis through the use of standard tools, benchmarking and pre-defined Group indicators to be used for tracking.
- Demonstrate ownership for all technical issues in the plants.
- Optimise and adapt the production process and equipment
- Oversee the analysis of sales forecast to determine production capacity required to meet forecast.
- Monitor production performance including cost & volumes of raw materials, energy & fuels, effective utilisation of equipment/machines and ensure alignment with planned production targets, delivery targets, profitability targets and other key performance measures.
- Oversee the execution of all necessary systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework
- Develop a customer oriented culture
- Human Resources Management and Development: execution of succession plan and training plan, compensation, labour relations and communication
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university in the field of Engineering
- MBA is a plus.
- 20 years’ experience, with at least 10 years in managing multiple lines large scale industrial plant
- Previous experience in Emerging Markets/Africa is a plus
- Very good understanding of technical problems and industrial strategy in the following domains: Operation and Maintenance, Process Management, Product Quality, Quality/ Environmental, Project Management, Human Resources, Logistics
- In-depth knowledge of strategic planning and financial management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd December, 2020.