Pharmacy Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – PHARMACY MANAGER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: PHARMACY MANAGER
Direct Reports: PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT
Location: Nduta Camp
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the project area including manage-ment of staff, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and the mission’s pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices
Minimum Educational Qualification:. Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and registration in Tanzania
Experience: Two years, of demonstrated, experience as a pharmacist with a valid licence. Experience in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili is an asset.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
o Analytical and fast in problem solving in matters medical item management i.e. providing alternatives in expiries, shortages, overconsumptions and overstock.
o Good communicator and able to motivate his team to work well within the specified deadlines.
o Flexible and adaptable to multiple pharmacy related tasks assigned as per the need.
o Ability to identify inconsistencies in processes & procedures & offer solutions related to pharmacy managmentin general.
o Responsible & self-driven with a solution-oriented approach.
o Ability to manage and develop people
• Participating actively in the definition and update of the annual planning and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the project.
• Supervising the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff in order to ensure the quality of the service provided to the population, including pharmacovigilance in case of need.
• Analysing rational drug use and prescription practices.
• Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents) in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in project pharmacies (cleaning, controlling pests and rodents, etc.)
• Giving support in the ordering and supply process of medicines and medical devices. Monitoring correct stock management across pharmacies within project area, to guarantee a good control and up to date data of stock levels and avoid expiries, overstocks and stock outs. Reporting on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
• Ensuring, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, proper maintenance of cold chain and storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet MSF protocols.
• Supervising, coaching, motivating and evaluating all the pharmacy staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure the strict respect for working procedures and protocols.
• Carrying out all the reporting tasks associated to his/her field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, in order to support in the relevant decision-making and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (Sitreps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
• Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
• In constant collaboration with other medical team members i.e. nurses, unit managers, and mission pharmacist, supply and logistic in order management and supply chain management issues
o Participate in defining and updating the annual planning, objective setting and prioritization for pharmacy activities
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Tuesday , April 18th ,2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “PHARMACY MANAGER”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be sent to P.O.Box 83, Kibondo or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE