Pharmaceutical Technician at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Pharmaceutical TechnicianReports To: Project leader Work Station: Bagamoyo Apply By: 14th December 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Handling of all clinical trial pharmaceutical matters (drug and vaccine) as assigned by the senior pharmacists and Principal Investigator in the Ebola Vaccine Trial (EBL08).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct drugs and vaccine (investigational medicinal product) accountability
- Study drugs Storage and dispensing
- Study drugs/vaccine Preparation and administration
- Trainings on study drug/vaccine handling to other staffs
- Monitor study drug/vaccine supplies
- Study drugs/vaccine Importation
- Study drugs/vaccine Disposal
- Export and Import permit application and follow-up
- Protocol implementation
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Must have Pharmaceutical license as a technician
Skills and Competencies
- Formulation-Medicines and vaccines
- Cold chain management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good team player
- Hard working person
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below. The deadline for this application is 17:00 on 14/12/2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: PHARMACETICAL TECHNICIAL – EBOLA STUDY]. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]