Pharmaceutical Technician (2) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts under the Council Directors.
JOB TITLE: Pharmaceutical Technician (02 Positions)
WORK STATION: Kinondoni Municipal Council
REPORTS TO: Health Facility In-charge
Perform the task as pharmaceutical technician for the HIV/AIDS clinic under the supervision of Health Facility In-charge.
Qualification and work experience:
The Pharmaceutical Technician should be a holder of Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution; he/she should have an experience of at least 3 years in the field of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that the storage and dispensing area is clean, safe and conforms to laws governing pharmacy and pharmaceuticals.
- Project consumption estimates for each drug item on monthly basis.
- Make order of drugs from main store of respective district store according to anticipated monthly requirements by filling authorized tools i.e. ordering and requisition voucher.
- Receives deliveries and counterchecks and sign off all drug deliveries.
- Keep records of all receipts and issues. Maintain bin card for each item and keep a running balance
- Store, distribute and control the stock and ensures uninterrupted supply of drugs at all times by ensuring Max-Min stock level of 2/1 Month at all times.
- Redistribute the nearly expiring drugs to sites that can consume them before the expiring dates.
- Controls and separate immediately the damaged and expired drugs from the shelves/cupboard and keeps all set aside for destruction.
- Monitor prescriptions from duly authorized prescribers for appropriateness and discrepancies.
- Dispense/refill all prescriptions.
- Provide medication adherence counselling to patients.
- Maintain records of all drugs issued to patients to dispensing register, paper based and or software.
- Prepare and submit Monthly drugs consumption report which includes stock level and number of patients on ARVs per regimen to District Supply Chain Officer before 5th of the next month.
- Provide drugs information to patients including other members of the clinical staff
- Maintains confidentiality and keeps patient information and records secure
- Do any other duties as may be assigned by the Site Manager and Health Facility in-Charge.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees. Applications should be submitted by 04 December, 2020 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail
[email protected] or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel. Please note:
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.