Petroleum Inspector at EWURA
- Company: EWURA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world-class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens are invited to apply.
a) Post Title : Petroleum Inspector – 1 Post
b) Duty Station : Zonal Offices (Mwanza, Arusha, Mbeya, Dar)
c) Reports to : Senior Petroleum Inspector
Petroleum Inspector will be responsible for providing support in petroleum regulation to service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in field inspections of petroleum products and facilities so as to establish conformity with standards.
- To participate in process of establishing standards for petroleum infrastructure.
- To screen all licence applications before further action.
- To extract/gather, analyze and prepare reports on the licensing performance trends in the Division.
- To assist in gathering research data related to petroleum industry during various inspection visits as directed by the Division.
- To participate in process of formulating rules and regulations for petroleum products.
- To collect and analyse relevant data on petroleum products and facilities.
- To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering majoring in Petroleum, Chemical and Process, Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Science or Petroleum Geoscience.
- Where the candidate is an Engineer, must be registered with Engineering Registration Board (ERB).
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- No prior work experience is required but possession of working experience in the relevant field shall be an added advantage.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Method of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 23rd October, 2020.
Only short listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), EWURA House,
Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P O Box 2857,
Email: [email protected]
NB: All applications that shall not be channeled through the above postal and email addresses shall not be considered.