Performance and Analytics Team Lead at Global Health Supply Chain Program
- Company: Global Health Supply Chain Program
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
GLOBAL HEALTH SUPPLY CHAIN PROGRAM
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE – TANZANIA
Performance and Analytics Team Lead Performance and Analytics Dares Salaam Deputy Chief of Party
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance-Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists the Government of Tanzania by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity-building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Performance and Analytics Team Lead will champion data use, analysis, and data quality improvement efforts throughout the supply chain and promote the use of data-driven decision-making to improve the health supply chains.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinate all project-related reports to ensure timely submission to USAID
- Ensure timely entry of data into DATIM and DIS
- Leverage data from a range of existing systems (including eLMISand DHIS2) to analyze the performance of the supply chain, highlighting pain points; link supply chain data with other health services data.
- Elevate the use of supply chain data in programmatic decision-making; identify barriers to data quality and use, and develop and implement recommendations for addressing them
- Provide technical input into dashboards from and across information systems, including eLMIS dashboards
- Ability to do diligent and thorough root cause analyses
- Coordinate Data Quality Assessments and monitoring visits in collaboration with key stakeholders in both Mainland and Zanzibar
- Coordinate Data verification activity between VIMS data and paper-based in collaboration with the IVD program
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Extensive experience in public health programs i.e with three years or more senior management preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, medicine, pharmacy, or health informatics
- Advanced degree in public health, health informatics, statistics or M&E is an added advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skills in data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Google Analytics
- Experience in health commodities supply chain management
- Experience in HIV/AIDS, malaria, TB, reproductive health, and essential medicines programs strongly desired
- Experience in using the eLMIS and DHIS2
- Proven track record in systems performance assessment and M&E responsibilities, including development/implementation in PMP management and analytics
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work on a team to develop strategies and manage the implementation of projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and work independently.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired
- Experience managing a USAID-funded contract or grant is a plus
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work-related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Submission may be sent to – [email protected] by 28th December,2023
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
GHSC is an equal-opportunity employer.