Performance and Analytics Advisor at Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance
- Company: Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title Department/Unit Location Reports to
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists the Government of Tanzania’s health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance: improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity-building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Performance and Analytics Advisor will work under the administrative and technical guidance of the Performance and Analytics Team Lead and is responsible for supporting performance monitoring of health commodities across the health elements mentioned above namely, family planning(FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) leading Insecticide Treated Nets (ITN)
commodity tracking and visibility both in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. He/She will work closely with the respective programs to contribute to the improvement of data pertaining to these commodity categories and consequently the availability of health commodities.
Additionally, the Performance and Analytics advisor will take a leading role in the implementation of Data Quality Assessments in both mainland and Zanzibar to ensure the data generated and reported at the health facility level aligns well with the facility’s needs to minimize health commodity imbalances.
He/she will work in collaboration with national stakeholders such as the Ministry of Health, the President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), the Medical Stores Department (MSD), and the Ministry of Health of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. S/he will champion collaboration with local available partners and leverage existing systems such as eLMIS and DHIS2 to data visibility through dashboards and promote data-driven decision-making to improve the supply chain. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, with occasional travel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with local partners and institutions as needed to improve health commodity monitoring using eLMIS and DHIS2 reports and dashboards to share with stakeholders.
- Support the extraction and analysis of data from the eLMIS routinely in relation to ARVs, Malaria, TB, essential medicines, RMNCH, and laboratory commodities
- Conduct deep-dive analyses of supply chain data to identify and address the root causes for data discrepancies between the two systems – eLMIS and DHIS2 for monitoring ACT reporting
- Routine monitoring of the availability of the program commodities
- Leading the Data Quality Assessment (DQA) in Mainland and Zanzibar
- Assist the workstream in attaining project deliverables such as quarterly reports and reporting of the Performance Monitoring Plan indicators
- Participate in M&E related meetings
- Elevate the use of supply chain data in programmatic decision-making; identify barriers to data quality and use, and developand implement recommendations for addressing them.
- Ensure key stakeholders including NACP, NMCP, RCHS and NTLP in the mainland and ZIHHTLP, IRCH and ZAMEP are engaged and oriented at all levels to promote commitment and ownership for improving the quality of data for decision making
- Support the development of work plans, budgets, and their implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in health information management, pharmacy, statistics, or another relevant field.
- Advanced degree in M&E, health informatics, or statistics is an added advantage
- Skills in data visualization dashboards/tools and data requirement gathering.
- At least 5 years of experience in public health implementation at the national level.
- Knowledge of the Tanzania health commodities supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including English.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with partners in implementing programs in challenging environments.
- Experience in working with Ministries of Health in both Mainland and Zanzibar including the office of the chief pharmacist and respective programs
- Experience in conducting Data Quality Assessments
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train healthcare workers.
- Knowledge of the Tanzania health information systems including eLMIS, and DHIS2.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work well both within a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands.
Method of ApplicationIf you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume, cover letter, and copies of your academic certificate to [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for the interview will be contacted. The deadline for submission shall be on 4th August 2023. GHSC-TA-TZ is an equal opportunity employer.