People and Culture Specialist at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
WVT Staffing Solution: (Recruitment, Orientation and Onboarding). 25%
- P&C Business Partnering with WVT hiring managers to assess and observe the WVT P&C Division recruitment compliance, orientation and onboarding services.
- Develop and monitor the WVT workforce plans and recruitment plans to ensure timely implementation in accordance to WV P&C standards, P&C Strategy and WVT budgets
- Provide technical support and/or coordination support in recruitment, orientations and onboarding operations with WVT P&C recruiters and respective hiring managers. These includes facilitating the orientation process of new staff and ensure that P&C core documents are signed and filed (i.e. Police Background checks, Disclosure form/conflict of interest, Child protection, Employee Code of conduct, Core values, mission, vision & employee manual.)
- Participate in staff interviews sessions when required and provide guidance to the interview panel members or WVT P&C recruiters on the required compliance of WV recruitment standards of integrity and transparency.
- Participate in the project proposal development process when required with the P&C Specialist – Grants to capture staffing needs for recruitment planning and early warning recruitments.
- Regularly review, audit and improve interview reports/minutes and interview assessment tests tools and documentation used for WVT recruitment processes.
- Timely Recruitments
- Having required skills and knowledge for Program and Grants Positions
- A very well Oriented Candidates hence achievement of WVT Strategy
Business Partnering on P&C process and systems 20%
- Acts as a single point of the contact for the employees and managers for the designated departments
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes in each Department
- Manage change management projects cross-functionally
- Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client
- Actively support line managers to identify gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks
- Facilitate the management team to bring best solutions for employees
- Implement talent management initiatives and succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Periodic review of the organizational structures with line managers and proposes changes
- Effective business partnership to P&C Stakeholders
Performance Management 20%
- Monitor the setting of Annual performance agreements and the periodic performance appraisal for staff at National Office, Clusters and Grants staff.
- Promote performance culture in world vision Tanzania
- Facilitate development of performance agreement for all staff
- Consolidate performance management information for decision-making
- Compile Annual Performance Review report for all office and share with Management.
- Management of performance feedback to employee
- Collaborate with Line Managers in Monitoring underperforming Staff by having Clear Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
Having an Organization with good Performance Culture
Staff Relations and Staff Engagement 20%
- Support the P&C staff wellbeing initiatives and Staff engagement surveys as well as carry out regular HR field visits to help address national staff concerns that may need attention.
- Coordinate with Regional People and Culture officers in carrying out HR wellbeing surveys
- Educating staff on organizational initiatives for their welfare and safety at work
- Collaborate with Managers in Handling Employee Disciplinary Procedures as well as Employee Relation issues
- Participate and be available to the quarterly meetings in other Departments for P&C initiatives
- Having Strong Employee Engagement Programs
- Making WVT an Employer of Choice hence increase of Staff Retention
Staff Development 10%
- Provide support to line managers on Capacity Building initiatives
- Participate in the Departmental Training Needs Assessment
- Resource person in disseminating P&C policies and procedures
- Support the performance agreement and appraisal process within the Departments
- Training line managers on HR standards, policies, legal implications of decisions and general leadership skills
- Training line managers and staff on performance management and coaching
- Staff will have required skills and knowledge for the job
- Staff will be aware on WVT and P&C Policies and Procedures
- Managers will be Capacitated on Leadership and management Skills
People & Culture Analysis and Reporting 5%
- Provide and ensure quality and timely submission of the P&C monthly report by 25th of the month as agreed based on the P&C Division Strategy
- Support in monitoring the P&C Division budget utilization on quarterly basis.
- Support the P&C Initiatives on any assigned tasks or Project
Provide Timely support on P&C Business Partnership
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
Work related Experience:
- 5years experience in Human Resource Practice in Tanzania
- 3 – 4 years in Human Resource Management experience in working with NGO
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Minimum Qualification required:
Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or related field Human Resource Management.
Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or related field is an added advantage
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Good knowledge of Policies making and Policy implementation,
- Good knowledge Tanzania labor law and legal requirements
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners at all levels
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Experience in working in a multi- cultural environment.
- Commitment to World Vision objectives and ministry, mission statement and core values
- Able to manage multiple priorities in cross-cultural teams and prioritize under pressure
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
English and Swahili
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Contact (within WV or outside WV)
WVT Managers and Leadership
Reason for contact
- Advising management on Staff issues
- Implementation of P&C Workforce Plan
- Handle Employee Relation issues
Frequency of contact
Contact (within WV or outside WV)
Reason for contact
- Staff Development
- Employee Engagement & Relations
Frequency of contact
All Major Decisions are escalated to P&C Director
☒ Be Safe and Resilient
☒ Deliver Results
☒ Build Relationships
☒ Learn and Develop
☒ Embrace Change
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2022.