People and Culture Officer at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Purpose of the position:
To implement WVT human resources functions related to Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), HR Analysis and Compensation as per WVT policies, procedures and in line with the Tanzanian labor laws.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Major Responsibilities: (please define in output format – 1- 7 things of what you expect to see as a result of this position):
(Accountabilities and results)
|1||HRIS / Our People:
|2.||HR Reporting and Analysis (P&C Scorecards, Dashboards & Surveys):
|3||Records Management and administration:
|4||P&C Information Technology and Intranet page:
|5||Office facilities and utility management:
|6||International and LC staff support (Temporary)
|7||Facilitation of filling of forms (Annually)
PROFILE: Core Capabilities: (proficiency levels; 1=developing 2 =proficient 3=advanced)
|Core Capability||Proficiency level
(1, 2, 3)
|Examples of advanced proficiencies
(A full list of indicators available in Core Capabilities into Job Descriptions – A Guide)
|Achieving quality results and service||2||Example:|
|Practicing accountability and integrity||2|
|Communicating information effectively||2|
|Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly||2||Example:|
|Understanding the Humanitarian industry||2|
|Understanding WV’s mission &; operations||2|
|Practicing innovation & change||2|
|Demonstrating Christ-centered life and work||2||Example:|
|Learning for growth and development||2|
|Maintaining work/life balance||2|
|Building collaborative relationships||2||Example:|
|Practicing gender & cultural diversity||2|
|Influencing individuals & groups||2|
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other People & Culture duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or related field.
- Experience: 2 year in HR/HRIS, preferably in a multi-cultural environment.
- Preferred: 2 to 3 years’ experience in HRIS practice
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Computer skills and High proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially strong skills in MS Excel and MS Access).
- Have knowledge of payroll soft wares and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Sound knowledge of human resources principles and practices and the Tanzania Labor Laws.
- Have a high degree of integrity and ethics to ensure employee information is secure and well protected.
- Excellent communication skills and work well both independently or as members of a team.
- Have the ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of and experience in utilizing and creating databases and spreadsheets.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Have the ability to solve problems related to computer system software and operations.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel 5% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
Method of Application
Closing Date : 22nd July, 2020.