People and Culture Officer at School of St Jude
- Company: School of St Jude
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
People and Culture Officer
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Do you love building relationships with your fellow colleagues and the community? Are you passionate about improving the lives of our students through a holistic education? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- You radiate positivity and thrive off improving the morale of fellow staff and students.
- You are passionate about sports, extra-curricular clubs and making a positive contribution to a student’s holistic education.
- You can communicate with and be understood by diverse audiences.
- You are interested in developing and maintaining positive relationships with the community.
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about how you can improve the lives of people around you and you get excited for what tomorrow will bring.
What you’ll do
- Assist the People and Culture Department to ensure that all Sports and Extracurricular Activity Programs are functioning well and are effectively implemented for all year levels.
- Assist People and Culture in developing and implementing a positive, values-driven school culture and to boost student morale through extracurricular participation.
- Support with team bonding initiatives and be a champion for advocating a balanced social, professional and fun work environment to all staff.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with local community contacts, businesses, suppliers, NGOs and media.
- Assist the Community Development Coordinator and ensure yearly St Jude Spirit Program is being delivered successfully.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in community development and engagement, particularly within the NGO sector.
- Experience in sport or club participation and facilitation.
- Strong ability in addressing large groups and deliver the message as required. You must be a good public speaker who is not afraid of addressing big crowds of students and staff in both Swahili and English.
- Experience working with Tanzanian authorities and/or engaging local Tanzanian markets is highly desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively with international and Tanzanian staff to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Strong desire to learn, try new things, and problem solve.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, but also as part of a team.
- Detail orientated and highly organised.
- Demonstrates high level Swahili and English verbal, written and visual communication skills including ability to create compelling communications materials.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases).
- Competent female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Method of ApplicationSend your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/PC/02/22)
Applications close on 3rd August 2022
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!