People and Culture Manager at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
- Strategic support for P&C Director on LEADER strategy and P&C Policy implementation
- Provide leadership and technical support to the P&C operations team
- Ensures and manage recruitment process are done professionally as per the policy and the law of the land.
- Ensures the ‘ER’ component of the LEADER strategy is at standard or above.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions for P&C Operations, strategy, and individual business units to meet organizational goals.
- Keep abreast and updated with changes in labour laws and legislations and provide technical guidance to all stakeholders on issues and changes in statutory requirements for management decision making
- Provide technical support to the P&C Business Partners
- Clear demonstration of P&C leadership
- Effective Implementation of P&C strategy
STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNERING 15%
- Provide technical expertise on business strategies, human resources processes (including but not limited to Recruitment, Employment, Benefits/Medical, Compensation, Orientation, Staff, and Leadership Development), and organizational policies and practices in order to facilitate the attraction and retention of competent staff and entrenchment of a culture of continuous learning and performance within the National Office.
- Manage and provide support in developing manpower plans together with the line managers and ensure timely and quality recruitment and selection processes are carried out
- A member of the GAM team, ensuring that there is timely staffing of projects and that WVT attracts and retains critical grant personnel through the life cycle of the project.
- Work with a legal advisor in regard to employee contracts, employment issues, disciplinary actions, and employee relation issues in general.
- Partner with other regional P&C colleagues, National Office, Audit, and other applicable functions/sectors to develop more seamless and integrated P&C practices and policies that are aligned to WVT strategy and partnership / regional initiatives.
Efficiency and effective Business partnering function.
ENHANCE THE P&C SERVICE DELIVERY – 20%
- Support P&C Director Design, reviewing, and implementing HR policies, systems, and guidelines in alignment with the local labour law and the Partnership standards.
- Sensitize all staff on the current HR policies and guidelines and review the systems/processes to identify and address gaps for effective service delivery
- Ensure that staff physical files and data records in Our People are up-to-date and secure.
- Provide leadership in conducting market surveys and benchmarks that will ensure that WVT stays competitive within the labour market.
- Ensure that, within the parameters of cross-cultural and national limitations, all national and international employment practices, compensation, employee benefits, and P&C programs are within the limits of established standards, procedures, guidelines, and policies of World Vision International.
- Provide input into and support the development and management of the P & C Budget.
- Responsible for reporting on P&C operations. Manage the HR scorecard to measure the value added of P&C operations to the organization.
- Identify and manage P&C operational risks, and ensure that the appropriate controls to mitigate the risks are clearly stated in P&C MWRAP and are in place in the function.
- Staff awareness of P&C Policies
- Ensure effective and updated documents are well filed in the staff file.
- Ensure P&C practice aligns with Partnership Policies
PERFORMANCE & TALENT MANAGEMENT – 15%
- Implement the Partnership Staff Performance Management program within the National Office with appropriate alignment to Talent processes, including tracking the identification and management of high-performing talent and poor performers.
- Guide/support all managers on their roles in the end-to-end performance management processes
- Coach and mentor managers and supervisors in measuring performance
- Lead the Performance Management processes to ensure staff performance appraisals are carried out in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ensure that Performance Agreements are in place for all WVR staff
- Facilitate performance moderation sessions
- Compile a Performance Report of the organization based on performance reviews done for all staff
- Provide appropriate support to employees and managers in addressing unsatisfactory performance. Ensure that underperforming employees are identified and specific plans are created with the full intention of returning them to acceptable performance
- Identify staff competencies required to support business plans and the levels of competency required for positions.
- Identify and recommend training and coaching needs within all functions. Work with the leadership team to identify top talent and create development plans to address individual professional and career objectives
- Coordinate and engage in the design of talent development and succession plans
- Develop and drive career management programs and the implementation of succession plans within the organization.
- Having Effective Performance Management Process.
- Effective Management of Poor Perfumers.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT – 10%
- Partner with OD Coordinator to embed Learning culture and build organizational development capacity of the National Office.
- Work with the OD Coordinator in the analysis of P&C data to establish trends to recommend initiatives to maximize employee engagement, productivity, and retention.
- Partner with line management in the constant reinforcement of the World Vision (WV) Mission Statement, Core Values, Covenant of Partnership plus the WVT Strategy through staff reward and recognition programs, team-based programs, and Internal Communication in order to ensure continuous engagement and embedding of the culture organization-wide
- Efficient and effective Organization Development Program
- Having a Learning Culture Organization
STAFF WELFARE MANAGEMENT – 10%
- Contextualize and implement support systems, services, and programs for staff well-being.
- Administer the implementation of the staff well-being policy/initiatives, work closely with the Security team to sensitize staff to abide by the set Security protocol and coordinate critical incident debriefing for staff that have undergone stress and/or trauma in order to facilitate the management of staff welfare within the organization.
- Analyze medical insurance reports to ensure staff health issues as well as organizational stressors are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop and drive employee assistance programs and improvement in a workplace environment and facilitate employee engagement within the organization by conducting surveys to gauge the level of satisfaction within the organization
- Having an effective staff welfare program.
- Effective and well-Organized implementation of staff welfare Policies
NETWORKING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS BUILDING 10%
- Support P&C director to establish strategic networks with key International NGOs and other supporting agencies at the national and international levels to keep updated with changes in the external environment
- Advise P&C Director to carry out benchmarks with other INGOs to identify best practices
- Participate in all team and staff spiritual nurture activities.
- Carry out assignments that are delegated by superiors.
- Strengthen WVT relationship with other NGOs and INGOs
KNOWLEDGE/ QUALIFICATION FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Extensive experience in Human Resource Management for a minimum of 5 years in a large international organization with a minimum of 3 years served in a senior management role.
- Experience in managing large organizational change initiatives will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of normal organizational policies, labor law, and legal requirements
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management, training facilitation, and coaching
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, or another related field preferred.
- Masters’ degree in Human Resources Management or any relevant field is an added advantage.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge on best Human Resource Practices in Tanzania
- Good Knowledge on Tanzania Labour Law
- Good People Management Skills
- Good Leadership skills
- Good Reporting Skills
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Senior Leadership Team
- Advise management on Staff issues and effective Implementation of P&C Policy
Coordinate with Managers on management staff-related issues
Support and advise all staff on WVT policies and best practices for staff well being
All assignments done by P&C Manager are escalated to P&C Director for approval.
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Development
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th January, 2023.