Pediatric/Adolescent/Youth Manager at Baylor Tanzania
- Company: Baylor Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania (Baylor Tanzania) is a local Non-Government Organization (NGO) registered in 2009 dedicated to supporting the provision of high-quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment to HIV – exposed and infected children and adolescents in the Lake and Southern Highlands Zones of Tanzania. Baylor Tanzania is a member of Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) Network which is headquartered at Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA. Baylor-Tanzania is funded by the United State Agency for International Development (USAID), working to support the Government of Tanzania through Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and President’s Office-Regional Administration Local Government to improve provision of services for children and adolescent infected and living with HIV in Lake and Southern Highland Zones.
Tanzania Health Promotion Services (THPS) in partnership with Baylor Tanzania havebeen awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. Baylor Tanzania is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Position Title: Pediatric/Adolescent/Youth Manager (1)
Reports to: Deputy COP/Technical Director
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The pediatric, adolescent and youth friendly services Manager is responsible for technical leadership in comprehensive TB, DR-TB and FP services for the mentioned populations at supported zones and health facilities in four regions (Kigoma, Songwe, Rukwa and Katavi). Designs, plans and oversees implementation of workplans in line with national guidelines and standards. Provides technical support to Central and Zonal teams, regional and health management teams (R/CHMTs), healthcare providers and other stakeholders to implement quality TB and FP services among the pediatric, adolescent and youth clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- To coordinate and oversee day to day implementation of project activities in assigned regions in line with approved work plan and budget.
- Support the national guidelines and strategies in accelerating family planning activities and TB diagnosis and management in line with the 3Is initiatives.
- Lead efforts to identify, capacity building and effectively engaging Adolescents and Youth – including Ex-TB clients, Youth Champions to accelerate TB case identification and uptake of family planning services.
- Support implementation of TB and family planning packages at all levels through Supportive supervision and mentorship
- Coordinate pediatric and Adolescent focused capacity building activities for supported health facilities and Ex-TB community health workers
- Lead pediatric and Adolescent initiatives to accelerate early detection of drug resistant TB cases, linkage to care, and treatment support to ensure successful treatment outcomes and access and utilization of FP services.
- Implement an efficient system for routine activity data recording, cleaning, reporting and utilization of program data for planning, decision making and resource allocation
- Support TB &FP centered continuous Quality Improvement initiatives through:
- Mentoring of health facility to build local; capacity for CQI activities
- Assist facility teams to understand flow chart and process analysis for systems improvement
- Monitor track and collect periodic data/reports from health facilities and provide guidance and recommendations related to tracked pediatric and Adolescent indicators and outcomes; ensuring proper and timely documentation of QI activities and results
- Must possess a medical degree (MD, MBBS), Master’s degree in Pediatrics(preferred), Public Health, Social Science, International Development or related field
- Must have not less than 3 years’ experience in senior level design, implementation, management of similar size and experience in health programming and service delivery in Pediatrics, Adolescent Care, TB, FP and HIV/AIDS
- Knowledge of USG Health initiatives and related reporting requirements
- Good written and oral communication skills –Kiswahili and English
Method of Application
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor – Tanzania, kindly apply by submitting a cover letter, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and the names and contact information of three referees.
The Executive Director,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania
P.O. Box 5208, Mwanza
Or send to email: [email protected]
Application should reach HR Office at Baylor – Tanzania not later than 25th September 2020