Pediatric/Adolescent/Youth and SRH Program Officer (2) at Baylor Tanzania
- Company: Baylor Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania (Baylor Tanzania) is a local Non-Government Organization (NGO) registered in 2009 dedicated to supporting the provision of high-quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment to HIV – exposed and infected children and adolescents in the Lake and Southern Highlands Zones of Tanzania. Baylor Tanzania is a member of Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) Network which is headquartered at Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA. Baylor-Tanzania is funded by the United State Agency for International Development (USAID), working to support the Government of Tanzania through Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and President’s Office-Regional Administration Local Government to improve provision of services for children and adolescent infected and living with HIV in Lake and Southern Highland Zones.
Tanzania Health Promotion Services (THPS) in partnership with Baylor Tanzania havebeen awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. Baylor Tanzania is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Position Title: Pediatric/Adolescent/Youth and SRH Program Officer (2)
Reports to: Zonal Project Manager/ Pediatric/Adolescent/Youth Manager
Position Location: Kigoma and Songwe
The Pediatric/Adolescent/Youth and Sexual Reproductive Health Program Officer will be based in zonal project offices (Songwe/Kigoma) and reporting technically to Pediatric/Adolescent/Youth Manager and administratively to the Zonal Project Manager. Supports project activities contributing to increased access and improved quality of TB/FP services in designated regions. Works with zonal field teams to provide program support in the implementation of the programs in the supported regions. The overall activities will include provision of assistance and support on/FP services focusing the pediatric, adolescent and youth populations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support programming initiatives to improve clinical services for TB/ FP at regional, district levels.
- Participate in program development to improve the quality and safety of TB/FP services
- Support the development and implementation quality improvement strategies with counterparts
- Provide technical assistance to program for improving infection prevention practices
- Participate in planning., implementation and follow up clinical training activities
- Participate in planning and support implementation of integrated health promotions/campaigns as appropriate
- Collaborate with field office teams in assessing requests for support and in preparation for work plan
- Assist districts (CHMTs) and TB/FP Trainers coordinate, plan, and conduct trainings for ongoing programs
- Develop and maintain contacts with health and family planning professionals and government authorities to identify reproductive health and family planning issues, and develop related services interventions.
- Conduct training follow up and clinical monitoring and coaching site visits, review and programming and implementation of ongoing projects, prepare reports, make recommendations and conduct follow up visits as directed.
- Build capacity of the CHMTS to conduct TB/FP supervision and mentorships
- Participate in CHMT and other technical meetings organized by CHMTs and other stakeholders at the district and regional levels as appropriate
- Assist with developing and writing technical and/or research papers that document the achievements of the projects work with clinical services.
- Participate in the introduction of new approaches for integration of Pediatric and Adolescent friendly services at facility level as appropriate
- Assist with annual work plans development and quarterly, annual and other program reporting to the prime partner
- Must possess a medical degree (MD, MBBS)
- A minimum of three (3+) years of work experience providing TB/FP technical assistance to public and private institutions/organizations, including clinical training, and mentoring health care providers at multiple levels of health care system is essential
- Experience working with International agencies and USAID funded health programs is preferred
- Experience in conducting clinical training in TB/FP and related focus areas
- Knowledge in infection prevention, quality assurance and clinical research desirable
- Demonstrate experience in the management and provision of reproductive health services at facility
- Good written and oral communication skills –Kiswahili and English
Method of Application
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor – Tanzania, kindly apply by submitting a cover letter, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and the names and contact information of three referees.
The Executive Director,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania
P.O. Box 5208, Mwanza
Or send to email: [email protected]
Application should reach HR Office at Baylor – Tanzania not later than 25th September 2020