Partnership Lead at DOT Tanzania
- Company: DOT Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
JOB TITLE: Partnership Lead, Tanzania
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 08th 2024
Who We Are:
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is a Canadian non-profit organization, a charity with headquarters in Ottawa and operations spanning 12 countries. We have local offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Kenya, Lebanon, Jordan, Canada, and the UK. Our programs also extend to Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Uganda, Malawi, and Zambia through affiliations with youth-led organizations. We are a vibrant youth-driven community of trailblazing social pioneers equipped with the necessary tools, knowledge, and networks to create opportunities and drive transformation within their communities. We strive to foster youth potential, bridge digital gaps across communities, and inspire young individuals to partake in an all-inclusive digital economy. As catalysts of development for over 22 years, our impact extends to over 25 countries.
DOT is now launching a project entitled Going Beyond – Partnering for a Youth–Led
Future. The “Going Beyond” project aims to scale DOT’s evidence-based and peer-topeer model within four African countries – Côte d’Ivoire, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia. The “Going Beyond” project will engage youth-led and youth-serving organizations (YLOs and YSOs) in the selected African countries, and DOT’s Regional technical teams will build their capacity to deliver youth-led, high-quality, gender-responsive, digital livelihoods programming to reach thousands of local young women and men.
DOT seeks an accomplished and dynamic mid-career professional to join this project as the Partnership Coordinator for Tanzania, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This is a full-time role reporting to the DOT Tanzania’s Country Lead and a close working relationship with DOT’s Regional Lead. In a hands-on position, you will:
- Support the identification and assessment of YLOs/YSOs in Tanzania according to set criteria and processes.
- Serve as the main liaison between DOT and YLOs/YSOs, and able to represent DOT and the DOT brand, with external project stakeholders in the country.
- Form part of a core partnership team, sharing learnings and ensuring a smooth flow of information with counterparts in Malawi, Zambia, and Co te d’Ivoire, as well as the DOT
Tanzania Country Lead, Regional Lead, Youth-led Partnerships Manager, Regional Technical Team, and Global Project Management Office.
- Manage DOT’s implementation contracts with YLOs/YSOs in Tanzania, ensuring implementation aligns with approved budgets, plans, and processes.
- Coordinate technical support and capacity building for YLOs/YSOs in Tanzania as required by Regional and/or Tanzania technical teams.
- Ensure the implementation of the project’s Quality Assurance process for YLOs/YSOs in Tanzania, and identify any compliance or quality issues to the Regional Lead and DOT Global Project Management Office.
- Review YSO and YLO quarterly and annual reports, and convene monthly coordination meetings with YSOs, YLOs, and DOT Technical Teams.
- Submit regular reports and attend regular meetings with the Regional Lead and DOT Global Project Management Office as required to keep them apprised of the status of project implementation through YLOs and YSOs in Tanzania.
Essential to your approach would be to represent, champion, and partner with YLO/YSOs in realizing the following values and project objectives:
- Youth-led: DOT’s youth-led model is rooted in the assertion that by transforming the individual, the individual can transform their society. Underpinning this model is DOT’s belief in the potential of youth and the power of technology. DOT sees youth as an untapped resource that can drive growth and development in their countries. This model positions young people as equal partners, leaders, and agents of change, equipped with the digital skills to scale their impact.
- Collaborative co-design: DOT values ensuring that young people drive the development, iteration and ongoing innovation of programs and content that continue to address their needs and add value to their lives. To ensure sustainability, the “Going Beyond” project will invest in the capacities and resilience of its local youth-focused partners to offer more innovative and impactful programs.
- Gender equality: DOT uses a gender equity approach in its work to support youth economic inclusion and resilience, tackling the systemic barriers that limit opportunities for youth (especially young women) who face increased vulnerability, and creating opportunities to elevate the leadership of young women in spaces they have traditionally been excluded from.
- Safeguarding: DOT has a robust safeguarding infrastructure to prevent and respond to Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment (SEAH), grounded in DOT’s comprehensive
PSEA Policy and Code of Conduct. DOT has a zero-tolerance policy for breaches of the CoC, and this applies to all employees
and contractors of DOT, and all entities and their employees and individuals who have entered into partnership or sub-grant agreements with DOT.
- You are a solution-oriented individual possessing exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, who thrives in a fast-paced, multicultural, entrepreneurial setting.
- You are self-motivated and team-focused, capable of collaborating with colleagues across the DOT network within various functions, in service of identifying, onboarding, supporting, and guiding the youth-led and youth-serving organizations (YLOs and YSOs) partnering with DOT in Tanzania for the ‘Going Beyond” project. This challenging role offers a unique opportunity to join an inspired international team and contribute to global change!
- A resident of Tanzania, legally able to hold employment in the country.
- Undergraduate degree in socio-economic development or a related field, Masters Degree, or equivalent experiences preferred.
- Proficient in English.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in supporting socio-economic development initiatives for civil society organizations, preferably within the international development sector.
- Proven expertise in the management and capacity development of partner organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently and within diverse team environments.
- Proven interpersonal and collaboration skills, and experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- High degree of digital literacy with strong competencies in Google Workplace / Microsoft Office suites.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, including being proactive in setting objectives and formulating plans, activities, and resources that drive results.
- A critical thinker, creatively and innovatively bringing value across the multiple teams of the organization.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability for results.
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and/or community development, including working on issues related to youth, women, or other marginalized groups.
- Experience working with civil society, grassroots organizations, networks or coalitions, or other local partners, particularly those led by youth.
What DOT Offers:
- DOT compensation is competitive with local markets, and rates for this position recognize the importance of the role to both DOT’s operations and its global purposedriven mission.
- The privilege to collaborate with an energetic international team dedicated to youth empowerment and systemic change.
- The chance to make a significant difference for youth and your country.
Method of ApplicationPlease submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] by January 8th 2024. Please include the names and titles of three references who may be contacted with prior permission. While we appreciate all applications, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
DOT celebrates diversity and is dedicated to cultivating an inclusive environment that values cross-cultural understanding. We strongly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, and those from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or those with intersectional identities. DOT ensures accommodations for individuals with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. Please indicate any need for accommodations in your application.