This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
7 Dec 2022
Paramedic at Tindwa Medical and Health Services
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Tindwa Medical and Health Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title : Paramedic
Department : Emergency Medical Services
Reports To : HOD Emergency Medical Services
Paramedic Job Purpose:
- Responds immediately to emergency calls to deliver medical assistance.
- Evaluates sick or injured patient’s condition and offers treatment necessary before hospital admission.
- Transports patient to nearest appropriate medical facility in ambulance.
- Collaborates with ambulance technicians, emergency medical technicians, emergency care assistants, and other emergency medical responders to deliver patient care.
- Maintains ambulance and medical equipment therein.
- Acts as senior medical professional at the scene of emergencies or accidents.
Paramedic Job Duties:
- Operates as part of ground and air rescue team with minimum additional training
- Responds to requests for emergency medical assistance in ambulance with other
emergency healthcare providers
- Assesses medical condition of patients at scene
- Plans and administers requisite treatment immediately, either at scene or en route to
- Utilizes sophisticated medical equipment, such as defibrillators and ventilation machines,
to revive and stabilize patients
- Performs urgent surgical procedures, such as intubation, as needed
- Equips injured limbs with splints when necessary
- Dresses wounds and minimizes excessive bleeding
- Administers medications using intravenous drip
- Prepares patient for safe ambulance transport using backboards, gurneys, stretchers, and other restraints
- Communicates and documents patients’ conditions to other members of medical crew, such
as emergency doctors and nurses, upon arrival at medical facility
- Cleans and restocks ambulance equipment after responding to call
- Shall be assigned any other duties by his supervisor
Paramedic Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Should be highly flexible to work in remote site operations with minimum supervision for
several months, Works Well under Pressure, High Stress Tolerance,
- Quick Thinker, Strong
Troubleshooting and Analytical Skills, Compassion, Good Listening Skills, Excellent Verbal
- Communication Skills, Team Player, Physical Fitness and Strength,
- Familiar with Medical Technology,
- Sound Judgment and Decision-Making.
- Work requires Bachelor degree in Nursing/ Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a government
recognized training institute must have valid practicing license
- The required candidate must have BLS, ACLS, and ITLS trainings, any other Emergency trainings
will be an added advantage to the position.
- Minimum of 10-years’ experience working as Paramedic in well recognized facility