Organizational/Business Development Manager -Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity at Catholic Relief Services
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Organizational/Business Development Manager -Tanzania Kilimo Tija ActivityReports to: Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP)Department: ProgramsLocation: Dar es salaam
*This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding About CRS
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS in Tanzania works in very close collaboration with the catholic Churches and implements programs through both Churches and secular local partners. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance and WASH programming in Tanzania since 1962.
The purpose of this position is to support individuals and SMEs participating in the Kilimo Tija Activity to develop and diversify horticultural businesses in the targeted KTA regions.
Description of Duties
- Oversee market research to identify new business opportunities (i.e., new markets, growth areas, profitable value chains, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services) particularly for youth and women in the horticulture value chains.
- Support Kilimo Tija Activity (KTA) partners to carry out organizational assessments and identify areas of capacity development and growth for horticulture businesses.
- Support KTA partners to identify, map and pursue business opportunities that are aligned with their capacity and growth areas.
- Lead the establishment and management of a challenge fund – including sourcing for venture capitalists – for co-investment in horticulture value chains.
- Mentor and coach horticulture SMEs in developing business plans and growth strategies.
- Work closely with the Inclusive Finance Advisor to carry out financial training for KTA partners.
- Support KTA partners to identify and successfully apply for financing from locally available mechanisms including the KTA GUC mechanism and MFIs.
- Under the direction of DCoP and other KTA partners, evaluate applications to the GuC mechanism and support follow on award processes.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- University degree in rural development, marketing, business administration and management, organizational capacity building, or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of proven experience in the management of multidisciplinary teams and indepth knowledge of the horticulture value chain and its challenges in Tanzania.
- Strong preference is given to candidates with inclusive development credentials and organizational capacity building history.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer proficient especially use of Office applications including spreadsheets, word processors and databases.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and solve problems in a consultative manner.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Excellent command of English and Kiswahili required.
Travel Required: More than 60% travel in the program areas.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: DCoP and other technical advisors
External: Partners’ staff
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Method of ApplicationInterested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address [email protected] not later than 26th June 2022.
The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates, people with disability and people from other recognized marginalized backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. CRS Tanzania recognizes many people do not have access to university education, limited capacity to travel, women take career breaks to care for family, and physical access for people with disability is limited in some workplaces including in the field. In all recruitments, CRS Tanzania uses a competency-based selection process. This ensures that if a candidate does not have a university degree or many years of experience, their competencies and existing expertise is assessed and valued.