Operator 2- Equipment at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 2- Equipment
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Supervisor – CAF Plant
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To operate the batching plants associated infrastructure (CAF, Slurry, Shotcrete, Concrete) safely and efficiently to achieve the set targets. This role falls under the shift supervisors for batching plants the role holder will form part of the shift crew of operators allocated to a specific area or section. The role holder will maintain high profile in the field and hence promote a safe and productive work environment as per company standards.
- Ordinary level for secondary education or above.
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driving license.
- Must have ability drive manual transmission Light vehicles.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 2 years’ experience with the CAF Plant or Process Plant operations.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping in the batching plants in line with standard guidelines for safety and environment.
- Attend and participate in crew meetings (toolbox) on a shift basis.
- Comply with all PPE requirements (including proper use of PPE).
- Conduct task-based risk assessments on a continuous basis.
- Conduct safety and workplace inspections, including hazard identification, incident reporting.
- Ensure GGM safety standards, policies & procedures are adhered to all times.
- Operate the batching plant equipment to produce ready-mix products (CAF, slurry fill, shotcrete, concrete) to the correct specification whilst following the standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all log sheets are completed correctly and on time and maintain communication with supervisor, control room operator and other fellow operators for shift handover.
- Good knowledge of computer applications.
- Fluency in Swahili or English or both.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE