Operator 1- Equipment (TSF & Lime Transfer) at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1- Equipment (TSF & Lime Transfer)
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
R Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – TSF & Lime Transfer
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To operate day-to-day Process Plant circuits, mainly the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF), lime storage, water dams and water pipes located outside the plant, and any other units within the Process plant. The role holder will maintain high profile in the field and hence promote a safe and productive work environment as per company standards.
- Ordinary level of secondary education or above.
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driving License.
- Must have ability drive manual transmission Light vehicles.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 1 year of experience in a processing plant, preferably in gold production.
- At least 1 year experience of large-scale tailings dam.
- Good knowledge of a TSF operation(s).
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Carry out the day-to-day operations of the plant as per set procedures and operational guidelines.
- Attend and participate in crew meetings (toolbox) daily.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping to minimize risks.
- Carry out inspections of the work environment (including equipment, machinery, water/slurry pipes, pumps, etc) and report all defects to his/her supervisor.
- Conduct safety and workplace inspections, including hazard identification, incident reporting.
- Adhere to all safe working practices and procedures with regards to process plant operations.
- Ensures SOPs are strictly adhered to, and operating Instructions are followed.
- Good knowledge of computer applications.
- Fluency in Swahili or English.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE