Operator 1 – Equipment at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Equipment
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (1 Year)
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Supervisor – Water Treatment Plant
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to perform all water treatment activities on shift basis including monitoring water treatment plant performance and associated infrastructure, data capturing for water quality control, reagents dosage and usage data, record keeping of all water treatment etc.
- At least a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
- Certificate in Water Management or Mineral Processing will be added advantage.
- Relevant experience in mining environment or experience with water treatment plants.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviors are always adhered to.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
- Monitor water treatment KPIs e.g. Water quality and quantity (pH, Chlorine residue, turbidity, Total Suspended Solids (TSS), and Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)).
- Operate all water quality measuring devices which include Jar Test, Turbidity meter, Chlorine meter, pH meter.
- Keep records of routine and specific water streams as required to monitor water treatment plant performance.
- Ensure daily availability of all required reagents (e.g. Chlorine, and Floc builders) for water treatment.
- Demonstrate safe work practices in all experimentation and assist in creating a safer work environment for the organization.
- Work with and provide support to other members of both water treatment plant and laboratory group by assisting with various activities as necessary.
- Follow the established corrective action policies whenever test systems are not within established performance specification.
- Report all anomalies that are out of your ability to your supervisor.
- Make daily inspection in the workplace.
- Assist in testing work on trouble shooting and improvement actions.
- Perform housekeeping in the workplace.
- Completes all paperwork and provide job updates into database.
- Any other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor like CIL profile activities, belt cuts etc.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2021.