Operations Manager at PASS
- Company: PASS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
About PASS Leasing Company Limited
The Private Agricultural Sector Support (PASS) Trust was established as the project in year 2000 in order to stimulate investments and growth in private sector commercial agriculture and related sector through access to finance in Tanzania. It was registered in 2007 as an autonomous non-profit organization under the Trustees’ Incorporation Act of Tanzania. PASS was founded by Government of Denmark and Government of the United Republic of Tanzania
With a view to further promote the financing and growth of the agricultural sector, PASS Trust has established a wholly owned company known as the PASS Leasing Company Limited. This new Company has been granted a provisional/temporary license by the Bank of Tanzania (BOT).
The mission of PASS Leasing Company is to support agricultural producers to reach their productive potential through offering competitively priced lease financing without imposing traditional collateral requirements on customers. The Company aims to demonstrate that there is a huge market potential in asset-based financing in order to encourage further investment in agriculture by other leasing and financial service providers in the market.
PASS Leasing Company is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced, dynamic and motivated Tanzanian citizens to immediately fill vacant positions currently existing in the leasing company.
|1.0 JOB DETAILS|
|JOB TITLE||:||Operations Manager- 1 POST|
|JOB REPORTING TO||:||Managing Director|
2.0 JOB SUMMARY
|The position requires handling of all Business functions of PASS Leasing Company Limited by planning, implementing and coordinating all leasing operations, ensuring that processes and procedures for all leasing products and services offered by the company are in place and aligned with the business plan and goals. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that the company complies with Bank of Tanzania (BOT) Financial Leasing and other Regulations as well as compliance with other laws regulating financial leasing business in Tanzania. He/she serves as an advisor to the Managing Director and the Board in areas of financial leasing business.|
3.0 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations Manager will be part of the Executive Management team which has the overall responsibilities of implementing the Company’s business strategy, ensuring that Bank of Tanzania (BOT) Financial Leasing Regulations are translated into internal Policies and Risk Management Framework, ensuring that the company has an adequate Management Information System (MIS) that is capable of identifying early warning signals for bad credits and credit control break, and Establishing internal controls including putting in place clear lines of accountability and authority to ensure effective credit risk management processes.
Main responsibilities of the Operations Manager will be:
- To develop and review products, procedures and processes for doing the financial leasing business and ensure that they remain customer focused and provide adequate identification, measurement and mitigation of the inherent credit
- To ensure that at all times customer application for leasing products are timely and prudently appraised and sanctioned and/or recommending to higher sanction authority.
- Ensuring that the Company complies with all BOT regulations including preparation and timely submission of regulatory
- Making timely review of the Leasing Credit Policy, Operating Procedures, Products and Processes by taking into consideration changes in the laws, regulatory requirements and business environment in the
- Developing minimum risk appetite/limits that are approved by the Board and are in compliance with the BOT regulations and ensure they are complied with at all times.
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of the leasing portfolio and proposing adequate provisions for probable
- Developing an effective communication tool and ensuring timely dissemination of credit risk management policies, procedures, circulars and other management related directives to all employees involved in carrying out leasing
- Providing leasing portfolio performance management reports to the Management and/or the Board
- Taking up immediate recovery measures or remedial actions for portfolio showing signs of default or any other weaknesses.
|4.0 EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS|
|EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS||EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED|
|1. At least Bachelors’ Degree in Finance,
Finance and Banking Agriculture, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Engineering, Rural Development, or related field from a recognized University.
2. Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Post graduate qualification in Leasing or Finance and Banking.
|1. Natural authority with independent
position in decision making.
2. Sound understanding of financial leasing or asset financing business.
3. At least 7 years proven track record in leasing or asset financing operations from a recognized Leasing or Banking Institution out of which at least 3 years must be at a Senior Management level.
4. Experience and ability to manage funds, institute proper credit evaluation, collection procedures and effective internal controls.
|• Manage the budget under him/her which include recommendation of invoices for payments and proposals/quotes, preparation of budgets for the Department and give inputs to the overall Company’s activity plans and budgets.|
5.0 KEY COMPETENCIES
1. Thorough knowledge of after sale services provided by equipment/asset suppliers.
2. In-depth understanding of the buy- back arrangements and contracts with suppliers of leased equipment/assets.
3. Clear and articulate knowledge of risks affecting leasing and assets financing operations.
4. Familiar with the Bank of Tanzania Risk Management Guidelines and regulatory requirements guiding the financial leasing business.
1. Possession of a strategic mindset and problem-solving skills.
2. Ability to demonstrate change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders.
3. Should have an analytical and creative mindset to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches to handling challenges.
4. Demonstration of strong leadership skills
5. Team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners like IT, Audit, HR, Finance, Business Development, Risk, Legal, etc.
Method of Application
PASS Leasing Company is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all qualified candidates. Eligible candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed CV with at least three referees and copies of academic certificates before 10th August, 2020, 12.00
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to each individual candidate therefore, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interim Managing Director – PASS Leasing Company.
Patel building 4th Floor, Kisutu Street
P.O.BOX 9490, Dar ES Salaam