Operations Director, Tanzania Heshimu Bahari at Winrock International
- Company: Winrock International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - NGO Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION TITLE: Operations Director, Tanzania Heshimu Bahari
GROUP: Forestry & Natural Resource Management
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is seeking an experienced Operations Director to lead a dynamic operational team in implementing an anticipated USAID project in Tanzania, focused on marine biodiversity conservation. The project will provide technical, material, and grant management services that support and strengthen capacity for marine biodiversity conservation to i) build the capacity of public sector and civil society; ii) increase private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; iii) improve the enabling environment for marine protected areas and Fisheries management at all levels; and iv) enhance data availability and use in decision making.
The Operations Director will be responsible for overseeing operational management and administration of the USAID-funded Tanzania Heshimu Bahari project. S/he will maintain the financial, human resources, subcontractor/subgrant, and facilities management systems. In addition, S/he will manage a team to provide services and support to the project’s technical objectives. This is a full-time position based in Tanzania and is contingent on award of funding from USAID.
- Manage the accounting, finance and administrative components of the project in-country, including the various petty cash funds and project office finance, accounting and administrative activities;
- Manage relationships with banking institutions;
- Ensure consistency with Winrock standard operating procedures, policies, and accounting principles;
- Develop procedures for monitoring, managing and analyzing project budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending;
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations;
- Coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities in-country;
- Oversee monthly financial reporting and liaise with Winrock Home Office and Winrock Regional Office to resolve any questions;
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with the donor’s contractual requirements;
- Ensure project finances and operations adhere to relevant laws, including oversight and filing of necessary taxes;
- Advise project staff on the financial health of the project through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports;
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared by the project accountant for expenditures and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project;
- Oversee payroll procedures for national staff, administer payroll, and monitor employee timekeeping;
- Develop and implement office administrative and personnel systems;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub-awards/contracts;
- Produce budget projections and reports for submission to the donor;
- Lead annual reporting to NGO Affairs Bureau for registration and ensure compliance with local laws
- Liaise with the Chief of Party to ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations;
- Supervise project staff and consultants working on finance and administration for the project;
- Monitor partners’ management of funds, financial reporting, advances, reimbursements and cross-check source documents;
- Maintain financial files and support audits as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Certified Public Account certificate or equivalent experience required. Supplemental training in grants management or demonstrated experience preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial management and grants management experience on international development projects;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on USAID-funded programs required;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in grants management required;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of USG rules and regulations, particularly the code of federal regulations 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 2900.
- Proven experience managing finances of large ($10M+) projects
- Strong skills in financial management, grant management, and sub-agreement management required;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, and financial analysis;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required;
- Fluency in English is required.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February , 2022.