Operations Director at Winrock International
- Company: Winrock International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Winrock is seeking Operations Director candidates for anticipated USAID-funded water and agriculture programs Tanzania. The programs will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, and applying a market-driven lens to support private sector service delivery to communities in Tanzania. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Responsible for day-to-day project implementation, including management and oversight of the financial and administrative aspects of the project, including procurement, grants, sub-contracts, accounting, IT, logistics, human resources, transportation and administration.
• Supervise a team of finance, procurement and administrative professionals.
• Provide support to the COP and work with technical, operations and functional managers to ensure that project activities are being effectively implemented and in compliance with Winrock International and USAID policies and regulations.
• Liaise with finance, administrative, and logistics staff to ensure that all operational activities are executed in a timely manner.
• Contribute to the overall program planning, monitoring and reporting to ensure timely and efficient progress in line with project goals and objectives.
• Provide input and review for project documents including annual work plans, quarterly and weekly reports, and communications materials.
• Liaise with USAID staff in country to facilitate program activities, and maintain relationships with partners, grantees and other project stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s level degree required, in business administration or a related field
- At least 10 years work experience working in similar positions on USAID or other donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in project and operations management and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies and regulations regarding financial management systems and reporting, procurement processes, and grants management
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 18th August, 2020.