4 Nov 2020
Online & Web Reporter at Mwananchi Communications
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Mwananchi Communications
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
To manage the day-to-day editorial/content of MCL’s website ensuring it’s continuously updated.
Full Job Description
- Continuously monitor multiple news feeds on television, radio, blogs, popular media websites and social media (Twitter/FB) for breaking stories.
- Liaise with news desks to identify and craft a coverage strategy for breaking stories of relevance to Mwananchi readers.
- Vet sources and liaise with Managing Editor-Online & New Content to ensure overall coverage is CREDIBLE.
- Cover breaking news on social media platforms with speed and accuracy.
- Drive traffic for website by sharing a well screened stories from website to ensure maximum engagement.
- Write up very short articles (3-5 paragraphs) for websites within 20 minutes of initial text bulletin and submit copy to Web editors.
- Retrieve, compile, edit and upload articles and relevant photos to thecitizen.co.tz on a daily basis.
- Promote audience engagement and drive web traffic by pushing stories out on social media (Facebook/Twitter and media sharing via Instagram and Storify).
- Scour news sites, blogs and forums for breaking stories and liaise with news desks and field reporters to verify potential leads.
- Prepare, write up, edit and upload unique content for the online audience.
- Ensure the presentation of content on our websites is in line with Mwananchi Communication Limited’s house style and editorial policy.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th December, 2020