This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
4 Nov 2020
Online & Web Reporter at Mwananchi Communications
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Mwananchi Communications
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
To manage the day-to-day editorial/content of MCL’s website ensuring it’s continuously updated.
Full Job Description
- Continuously monitor multiple news feeds on television, radio, blogs, popular media websites and social media (Twitter/FB) for breaking stories.
- Liaise with news desks to identify and craft a coverage strategy for breaking stories of relevance to Mwananchi readers.
- Vet sources and liaise with Managing Editor-Online & New Content to ensure overall coverage is CREDIBLE.
- Cover breaking news on social media platforms with speed and accuracy.
- Drive traffic for website by sharing a well screened stories from website to ensure maximum engagement.
- Write up very short articles (3-5 paragraphs) for websites within 20 minutes of initial text bulletin and submit copy to Web editors.
- Retrieve, compile, edit and upload articles and relevant photos to thecitizen.co.tz on a daily basis.
- Promote audience engagement and drive web traffic by pushing stories out on social media (Facebook/Twitter and media sharing via Instagram and Storify).
- Scour news sites, blogs and forums for breaking stories and liaise with news desks and field reporters to verify potential leads.
- Prepare, write up, edit and upload unique content for the online audience.
- Ensure the presentation of content on our websites is in line with Mwananchi Communication Limited’s house style and editorial policy.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th December, 2020