OHST Technical Manager at Barrick Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Barrick Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit OHST Technical Manager to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and the purpose of this role is to co-ordinate, direct and organize systems and team effort and provide leadership to ensure company compliance with Occupational Safety, Environmental and Emergency Response Service Standards & Regulations according to Government Authorities and Company Policy;
Reporting to: Mining Manager
Work Schedule: 42 Days On / 21 Days Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Develop, implement and maintain systems to achieve targets for Safety Interactions across the Operation, in the departments of mining, maintenance, technical services and environment.
- Ensure timely close out of all identified non-conformances, along with compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain emergency preparedness plan and liaise with operations department to ensure emergency drill training is complete.
- Ensure compliance to leading indicators and execution of required leadership interaction with departments.
- Deliver compliance to H&S Equipment Maintenance Schedules along with monthly plan.
- Advise and take part in the development of standardized technical training packages, assessment tools and forms for internal training.
- Costing of planned training and keeping within budgets: assessing the return on investment of any training and development programs.
- Ensure statutory training requirements are met.
- Provide leadership that deliver industry best practice in technical training and development at Underground Mining to ensure key performance areas are met.
- Complete Competency Mapping & profiling for UG Mining roles.
- Induction training conducted for all new employees & visitors upon arrival on site.
- Leaders confirm Skills Training conducted as required by operation al needs and gaps identified by Trainer.
- Advance Diploma on Occupational Health & Safety
- Diploma on Occupational Health & Safety
- Certificate IV on Occupational Health & Safety
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Qualified Risk Management
- Qualified Auditor
- Qualified Investigator
- Qualified Mine rescue
- Industrial Hygiene & Vector control
- Formal Mines rescue Training
- 5 years’ experience in Mining/extraction industry or processing, manufacturing or building and construction industry
- 5 Years Supervisory / Leadership Experience
- 7 OHS senior/Supervisor level
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to the development, implementation and management of overarching systems of work governing Safety and Training.
- Exposure to management of Safety and Training teams in challenging underground working environments.
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites, developing countries and the development of Talent.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- ename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “OHST TECHNICAL MANAGER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28th August 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com